First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I am LOVING the photos everyone!!

My name is Dave and I am the Bay Area member rep for OLB. So what that means is it’s my honor to try to connect people together and encourage involvement. Often it’s hard to understand how to get started, and you are all Bay Area so I figured you might like to know more. I head up a monthly meet up in Pleasanton CA that’s open for whomever would like to come. Lately it’s been Zoom calls but we have trips set for June through November should we be able to go.

As a local group our focus has been getting together to check out rigs, but ALSO TO GO ON TRIPS! We have been shooting for about 1 a month. Here is a link to meet up thread US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

You might have noticed that there aren’t many meet ups in the Bay Area that happen regularly (beyond the COVID dilema) so if you’d be interested in starting up a local meet up I can help!

I hope you are doing well, below are photos from our recent trips and my rig :)

Dave
B5FF8C93-BA64-4F08-8A6D-B8A0AC400E12.jpeg35681B46-4AFB-4672-BF74-DA1A54A66F44.jpegE6D0815B-21B0-450D-8FEB-85A216C3B5FB.jpegC78EEB32-E754-4775-B490-E89EE77646A1.jpeg

RubiRigo

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Mountain View, CA, USA
First Name
Rodrigo
Last Name
S
Member #

I am LOVING the photos everyone!!

My name is Dave and I am the Bay Area member rep for OLB. So what that means is it’s my honor to try to connect people together and encourage involvement. Often it’s hard to understand how to get started, and you are all Bay Area so I figured you might like to know more. I head up a monthly meet up in Pleasanton CA that’s open for whomever would like to come. Lately it’s been Zoom calls but we have trips set for June through November should we be able to go.

As a local group our focus has been getting together to check out rigs, but ALSO TO GO ON TRIPS! We have been shooting for about 1 a month. Here is a link to meet up thread US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

You might have noticed that there aren’t many meet ups in the Bay Area that happen regularly (beyond the COVID dilema) so if you’d be interested in starting up a local meet up I can help!

I hope you are doing well, below are photos from our recent trips and my rig :)

Dave
View attachment 151469View attachment 151470View attachment 151471View attachment 151472

Hi Dave,

I would love to know when the next zoom meeting is, seeing that the shelter in place has been extended through May 31st and this is a good way to connect virtually.

I was on the US Northwest Region call last night and it was great. We covered good points for the new overlanders, Q&A session, etc. I’ve being looking for the US West Region call but didn’t see one. Do you have a link? When is the next one?

Thank you in advance,
Rodrigo

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Dave,

I would love to know when the next zoom meeting is, seeing that the shelter in place has been extended through May 31st and this is a good way to connect virtually.

I was on the US Northwest Region call last night and it was great. We covered good points for the new overlanders, Q&A session, etc. I’ve being looking for the US West Region call but didn’t see one. Do you have a link? When is the next one?

Thank you in advance,
Rodrigo
Hi Rodrigo

The link is above and here it is again! We will be doing our meet up May 9th, 1-3pm

Reactions: RubiRigo

RubiRigo

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Mountain View, CA, USA
First Name
Rodrigo
Last Name
S
Member #

Hi Rodrigo

The link is above and here it is again! We will be doing our meet up May 9th, 1-3pm

Thank you sir.

Reactions: PapaDave

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
Hello folks, here’s a pic of me at the back of the Jeep prepping dinner with the dog. We were near the top of Hull Mt. in Mendocino. Looking forward to meeting more of you.
Nice picture. I'm planning an overnight camping outing to that area in a couple of weeks. Was considering taking my dog too. How's the terrain along the roads? She is not an excellent car dog, as she gets pretty anxious when the ride gets too bumpy.

Reactions: PapaDave

blackiestone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

Hey great to see there is a bigger bay area group forming. We tried to join a great group out of the Sierras, but the distance was brutal. We're in the Jo. Just posted pics of our new Smittybilt trailer. We drive a Tacoma and are looking forward to opportunities to meet more bay area overlanders.

Attachments

Bernard_C

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Menlo Park, CA
First Name
Bernard
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN9NGN
Nice picture. I'm planning an overnight camping outing to that area in a couple of weeks. Was considering taking my dog too. How's the terrain along the roads? She is not an excellent car dog, as she gets pretty anxious when the ride gets too bumpy.
The last half mile to the summit of Hull Mountain was rocky, bumpy, and noticeably steeper, but the rest of it was avg unpaved road. Lots of turn offs and campsites before the summit. I actually never needed to switch to 4H.