Who's doing a Mojave Rd trip?

• HTML tutorial

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

If you do just the Mojave Road, its pretty underwhelming. I just got back from a 4 day trip and it was pretty awesome. Im going again in Easter with the same guy that headed this trip. I do recommend going with someone knowledgeable like this guy from Toyota120 forum. He even has ties with park rangers and had keys to some of the trails. I took a billion pictures but i don't want to hijack the thread. Here's some of the awesome places not available on the road itself.

Reactions: Jacob Silberfarb

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I do want to go with some one that has been there before. I wanted to go this Oct 4th but I haven't got my truck back from the shop. A group is going on spring break 4/14 to 4/19 so I got in on that group. I went with some of them on the Death Valley trip this year and they were a great group. The thread is on Overland Trip Planning heading' spring break '19 Mojave Road 4/14 - 4/19'. Jump in.

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

Here's a video I put together from September's run. It was absolutely stunning! Unfortunately my gopro decided it didn't want to live those days so limited on footage. Still some footage and pictures from all 4 days we were out there. I very much recommend you travel with someone that knows all the cool stuff because the Mojave Road is pretty much boring if you stick to it. I recorded more than 140 miles on my gaia but we drove a lot more than that.

We reached speeds up to 80mph and averaged 50mph because we enjoyed our camping spots a bit too long so we had to make up time. Picture heavy thread if you guys want to see what we experienced for the most part.
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30449

Also, the school bus is no longer where it was which is unfortunate. People have vandalized a the bar and hotel and theres some other attractions that are no longer there unfortunately.

Last edited:

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Would like to join you guys on your next run if you can keep me posted on the dates. Thanks.

Justin

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

East to west. Detour was because of a joke of a washout and is no longer in effect.