Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

So this has been my motto and justification for everything I do since I was a kid. While I understand it's a Landy thing..I wonder what people would think if I put this on my frontrunner rack on my Toyota?

View attachment 138403
Ive seen that logo plastered on all sorts of places. I really wouldnt worry about it. I have one on the back of my Defender but it doesnt bother me who uses it

Reactions: JimG92

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Here is my old Discovery. Love this truck.View attachment 136350
I share your feelings. Mine is coming along.
What is your tire size ?
How much lift do you have ?
Are you satisfied with your light bar ?
How long have you had your rig.
How about giving us a rear view if you have off road bumper or mods.
Wish my D2 didn't have the crappy plastic fender flairs.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi,
I just noticed the Land Rover thread on this forum - is it ok if I can put in these pictures of my 1985 '90. Just like your vehicles, it's always a work in progress - I suppose that's why we love them...there's always something to do.
All the best from Edinburgh
Hello Jim and welcome to the OB forum. You should join us, I know there are a lot of UK members posting here, especially Canadians.
I love the body style of your rig. Which Defender model do you have ? I'm told my Discovery is just a Defender with a cushy body and ride. What do you think ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
So this has been my motto and justification for everything I do since I was a kid. While I understand it's a Landy thing..I wonder what people would think if I put this on my frontrunner rack on my Toyota?

View attachment 138403
They would say good quote ! My logo is "Because I can"

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
You know i wasnt a fan of the D3 when it first came out but its grown on me the last fews up to my purchase, i think the D2 was the one of the best looking LR's produced.
I have the D2 and love it. I just wish they had not used so much plastic trim. Seems like I either break a piece all to often or it falls off somewhere like the car wash and I never see it again. I've been searching salvage yards for a year now and still haven't found a right side A pillar trim. I'm getting rid of the bumpers because of their bad condition and replaced the front one yesterday, rear one sometime soon. Otherwise I have no complaints.

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

I have the D2 and love it. I just wish they had not used so much plastic trim. Seems like I either break a piece all to often or it falls off somewhere like the car wash and I never see it again. I've been searching salvage yards for a year now and still haven't found a right side A pillar trim. I'm getting rid of the bumpers because of their bad condition and replaced the front one yesterday, rear one sometime soon. Otherwise I have no complaints.
Good news, after the d2 LR used plastic for every thing [emoji23][emoji482][emoji16]

JimG92

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edinburgh, UK
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gilmour
Member #

I wouldn't worry too much what others think, I own a D4 & have no decals for a reason as its my choice.

You may come across the odd hard core landy owner who may ask or frown a bit however I certainly would let it spoil your day just because of a piece of wording signage.
So true - if it suits your view on life and you like the look of it on your rig, then go for it. it doesn't matter what others think as long as you're happy with it!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
So true - if it suits your view on life and you like the look of it on your rig, then go for it. it doesn't matter what others think as long as you're happy with it!
Ha, I just wish the pretty single ladies would put a sticker on their rig with a telephone number !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

where did you buy the nice big roof lights. Do they have a name or # ?
Those look like imitation 9" ARB Intensity lights. You can get them on amazon for like 90-120 a set of two. If they are real intensity lights they're like 785 each or something insane like that. I had ran them for a while, the fakies are good quality.