Who is a Vet, Active or First Responder?

• HTML tutorial

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
21 years in emergency services. Volunteer firefighter/EMT 2000-2005, California department of Forestry & Fire Protection-CDF/CalFire 2001-2004. Paramedic American Medical Response 2005-2015, Firefighter/Paramedic with local government department 2015-2019, fire engineer with same department 2019-present.
Thanks for all that you do Matt.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
joined the navy right out of high school and was a radioman on fast attack submarines.
was in during desert shield/storm and later got out to be a commercial diver in the oilfield
Did that second class diver qual help you make the later decision? LOL Sub Tender guy here. Master Diver/Diving Officer was my best man at my wedding in Italy.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Army EOD…. Retired
My father was an Instructor at Indian Head. WWII, Korea and Vietnam. I'm a little close to the EOD community. LOL
Zim
bombfuse.JPG

Disclaimer. I have no idea where this 500lb bomb fuse came from, with my Dads name on it, and a little dusty.

Last edited:

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
1998-2007 US Army RTO, and EW Repair. 1/319th 82nd, 204th Biggs, 506th 101st. Deployed to Iraq and South America. Got bored, separated went back to school, now currently working CT imaging up here in Rural Maine. Being a SSG was easier then being a Dad/Husband

Influencer II

West Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Twomey
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Thanks for your service Michael. Nice to meet you at the Trail Guardian event in the Mojave National Preserve too.
Thank you Lyle, was great meeting you as well. Met a lot of really nice people, had fun, and got to know the Preserve a little better.

SixOverland

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Riverside, California, United States
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WD6IQX
Service Branch
Army [ABN] 01-05
4 years active duty Army Airborne OIF1 vet as a Broadcast Journalist (yes… that was an MOS) attached to the 101st Airborne Division downrange. Now I make overlanding videos for fun at YouTube.com/sixoverland. :)

Last edited: