Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Are there any meet ups planned for this year for us UK lot? [emoji3]
I believe there are a few meetups planned, not sure where though. I'm contemplating going to the Billing Show next weekend. I'll need to check with the Commander in Chief whether I'm permitted to go.

Is that somewhere you intend going?

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Are there any meet ups planned for this year for us UK lot? [emoji3]
Yep theres a few in the pipeline, i think there is info in the meet up section for most....... which are green laning in Salisbury and somewhere in the north of England. I am organising a weekender in the Raiders Road in South West Scotland, which is mostly going to be a clean-up event. Hopefully with some outings also!

RockingDad

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Essex, UK
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tye
Yep theres a few in the pipeline, i think there is info in the meet up section for most....... which are green laning in Salisbury and somewhere in the north of England. I am organising a weekender in the Raiders Road in South West Scotland, which is mostly going to be a clean-up event. Hopefully with some outings also!
Ahh ok... thanks for the replies everyone. I'm on the east anglian cost so a bit far from me lol but going to do a peak or lake district trip later in the year so maybe hook up with some members :)

I can't do the billings weekend due to other commitments and id been told it was a predominantly land rover event?

Thanks all [emoji4]

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

There is a meetup planned for the August Bank Holiday weekend on Salisbury Plain. The campsite is £15 a night for a rig, two people(ish) and a tent. We will be driving routes across Salsibury Plain on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Beyond the camping, which you need to book direct, there are no costs.

Bring drink and food.

For further information:

All routes are non damaging and passable in basically any standard 4x4. Only issues (in short stretches) will be deep ruts. Even these can be driven round in, for example, a stock freelander 1.

Friday 4pm - 28km
Early bird 2hour trek around the nearby POI’s 28.21km

Saturday 10am - 83km
A route around the plain with some stunning scenery and taking in some of the more famous holes and climbs. It’s 83km and we will be out all day. At just over the half way point we will cross near a road that can take people back to the camp should anyone want to duck out early. For the rest of the trip we will almost entirely be off road.

Sunday 11am - 68km
A route around the areas to the south of the camp first taking in the mock German village built for the Cold War, an ancient fort, Stonehenge, mock desert compounds, trains, helicopters, tank hulks used for targets. It’s slightly shorter than Saturday but also slightly more technical. At the half way point we will cross the road near the camp site, again, that aside we will be almost entirely on lanes.

Monday - tbc depending on interest.

Routes are subject to change according to the live firing schedule though frankly we are not expecting anything major over bank holiday weekend.

Having discussed with the campsite the logistics (some people wanting hookup etc) we have concluded it is easier if everyone books direct - according to their wants and needs.

Note also the site has pods from £30 a night and self catered flats from £60 for those wanting a little comfort!

Remember it is bank holiday weekend