Who carrys a firearm with them while camping?

• HTML tutorial

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

There should be a way to like a post more than once.

The thing that scares me isn’t losing my guns. It’s the shady underhanded way in which they will become illegal that worries me. It’ll be a back door rider on a bill that has no relation to firearms.
You know it. Take a look at the pork that rides on any "stimulus " bill. Vote against it and you are "not for the working people." They hide unrelated lines in with important help. Basically using the population as a political human shield. And most people dont have time to read the line items

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I stopped carrying recently because I decided I'm more likely to shoot someone with how crazy things are getting, and if I have to defend myself with a firearm I'll likely be vilified on the national news.

All I carry now is the Democrat approved 4 inch blade. I'm OK with stabbing and slashing it's more personal when you can smell what your enemy last ate while your dispatching them.

Just waiting for an African American to declare that banning black guns is racist so things can get somewhat back to normal.

Angel Rivera

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Spring, Texas, United States
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Service Branch
DD-214 7th SFGA
Infortunatel

Unfortunatly, it’s more difficult to get a drivers license
Driving is not a constitutional right. The constitution is not there to give us rights, it is there to restrain government taking them away. And yet corrupt government is doing just that.

Angel Rivera

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Spring, Texas, United States
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Service Branch
DD-214 7th SFGA
I stopped carrying recently because I decided I'm more likely to shoot someone with how crazy things are getting, and if I have to defend myself with a firearm I'll likely be vilified on the national news.

All I carry now is the Democrat approved 4 inch blade. I'm OK with stabbing and slashing it's more personal when you can smell what your enemy last ate while your dispatching them.

Just waiting for an African American to declare that banning black guns is racist so things can get somewhat back to normal.
It is decision you’ve made. If you’re good with it, then I support and commend you. I started carrying everywhere last year, precisely because of how crazy things have gotten. Training and practice are key.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
There should be a way to like a post more than once.

The thing that scares me isn’t losing my guns. It’s the shady underhanded way in which they will become illegal that worries me. It’ll be a back door rider on a bill that has no relation to firearms. Or it will sneak in during a special session held at 1 am on a Sunday night.

If you think that can’t happen look at the state of Nevada and their mining tax proposal. It was put on the agenda at 1 am on a Sunday when nothing against it would be brought up. And “our” governor will make it sound great to the people with no stake in the game. Reno and Vegas will vote to pass it and northern Nevada will become a great big ghost town.

It will happen the same way with firearms. Again, if you don’t think so, ask yourself what part of your state controls the rest? Where are there alliances? The line between urban and rural is clearly drawn when you look at political affiliation. Everyone in Nevada that has heard of this bill, and doesn’t understand the ramifications of it, reads it and thinks there will be royalty checks for everyone. $50 dollars per person for one year, will cripple this state. After that year mining will pull out of Nevada. No business means no taxes means no royalties for anyone. How much would it take to get the majorities of our controlling populations to vote against the gun?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not discussed on the news in southern Nevada, or if it is,......It is mentioned in passing. I think I heard it mentioned....ONCE.....on channel 8 news down here. I do not remember when that was either.The governor has been a disappointment in many ways. He fell into lock-step with national party leaders for support. When he was a local politician. he seemed much more 'middle of the road', aka not as beholding to special interests.

I know how big mining is to NE (Elko) for gold, and other mineral mining in Central cow counties also for income diversification (Tax base). Also the Covid 19 issue has really set the state back. I am surprised how he was able to check the NRA ((Nevada Resort Association) as much, .as he did, seeing just how powerful they are. They are the maker and shakers in this State.

Decades ago, when Kennacott Cooper closed down, the whole region collapsed, and the tax base just ip and left en mass. And the governor at the time played chicken, That was all about smoke stack scrubbers, All about the threat to close down. The governor lost that bet.

Yah, that is how so many poison bills get passed. All added to legit legislation that is popular. It gives cover to their votes.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Ubiety

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Who carrys a firearm with you for protection while camping? I have not in the past, however, bear activity seems to be increasing around the areas I camp in the past little while.
I never go out in the bush without a firearm, as a rule. Usually a 12 gague shotgun. Primarily for bears and cougars, but just in case it's equally effective against 2 legged varmints. So far, I'm very glad to say I haven't had to use it, despite being surrounded by signs of bear activity in some places (be bear aware and keep every crumb of food sealed and locked up in bear country!) but I'm a firm believer that it's far better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I'm Canadian btw.

Last edited:

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

this gun legislation does nothing to lower gun crime rates. Criminals do not buy registered guns nor do they register said firearm. The only thing this does is make some people sleep better at night. Ignorance is bliss.
Yep, the gun ban is absolute garbage and illegal use of an OIC. Does absolutely nothing to further public safety and only violates the property rights of law abiding gun owners. Don't want to get too far into politics or anything, just wanted to say you're 100% right.

Reactions: Ubiety

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Desert runner...Shutting down all revenue making industry in the state, besides mining, shows how important it is to the economy. There are 5 northern counties filing suit against the state of Nevada to block this tax. Of course the lawsuit is thrown out until this tax is put on the ballot. At that point in time it will be too late to keep it from being voted on. There won’t be a mine in Nevada that can afford to pay the taxes that are proposed. And all the big players are based somewhere else. They’ll take all their equipment and find a new sand box to play in. The economy of those 5 counties will do exactly what you saw happen before. Total collapse. Tourism in Elko and Winnemucca sure as hell aren’t going to keep these economies afloat. If this tax bill passes there won’t be anything more than a handful of gas stations between Reno and the Utah border. You say you’ve heard about it once on the news and that’s because it doesn’t affect your county. The mass public in Vegas and Reno won’t know anything about it until they are standing there voting. At quick glance of the ballot, they’ll see they are going to get a royalty check for passing the bill. Votes bought and paid for with a $50 per person royalty check. Exactly the way corrupt government works. Next they’ll permanently shut down all public grounds. They already did it last year. It was just a way to see how big the objection would be to mandated lockdowns in the future. All so that the government can sell its public lands to tech companies that were promised the same governmental powers as any of our local governments. All the tech companies have to do is own 70 square miles. Enjoy it while it lasts. Overlanding and recreating in Nevada is well on its way to demise. Then we’ll have no reason at all to own firearms in this state.

Damn I sound like a conspiracy theorist. I need a vacation from reality.

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

SC is trying to pass open carry! Fingers crossed! When in SC - (home) I carry. Out of state I'm scared that I'll be arrested as a terrorist so i bring a bush axe.
I’ve got a ccw app for my phone. As long as I remember to update it it has current laws for each state. Also show which states honor your permit. There were a lot of times I was glad I had it.

LowCountryBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

That’s a great ap to have! Unfortunately SC has a bad rap and the press seems to make it sound like we give guns to anyone with a pulse! Not true btw, but not too many states honor my cwp! I have looked into getting one from another state that is acceptable in more states but it’s a little bit more trouble than worth from what I hear. My feelings is this is America we are all one. I should be able to carry from sea to shining sea without being hassled!!!

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

That’s a great ap to have! Unfortunately SC has a bad rap and the press seems to make it sound like we give guns to anyone with a pulse! Not true btw, but not too many states honor my cwp! I have looked into getting one from another state that is acceptable in more states but it’s a little bit more trouble than worth from what I hear. My feelings is this is America we are all one. I should be able to carry from sea to shining sea without being hassled!!!
I would love to see constitutional carry. I’ll take a test and qualify for the permit to show competence. I just wanna know that when I go from state to state I am legal, without changing how I carry.