Who carrys a firearm with them while camping?

• HTML tutorial

wildelder

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Zephyrhills florida
First Name
william
Last Name
Heister
Member #

I'm a concealed carry permit holder in my state and carry most of the time. Being armed is fine but for your safety and the safety of other's training and practice is the most important thing. Don't just go to Walmart buy a shotgun throw it in the rig and think your ready to go.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Don't just go to Walmart buy a shotgun throw it in the rig and think your ready to go.
youre so right! i'm lucky to have family that is ex-military...cousin wilard did 6 weeks in the army, so he's pretty much our go-to gun guy. otherwise, i would probably have to take a class or something...

1595874601748.png

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
youre so right! i'm lucky to have family that is ex-military...cousin wilard did 6 weeks in the army, so he's pretty much our go-to gun guy. otherwise, i would probably have to take a class or something...

View attachment 164635
What type of holsters does he use might my interested it getting a pair myself.

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Dang hate to get into this hot topic but for me here in the States we have the right to keep and bear arms. It comes down to my rights for me. I don't want to wake up one mornings and have to show a card saying I can buy a loaf of bread.
That’ll never happen. Of course, most of the things that have happened this year I’d never thought would have happened either. Taking your guns is down on the list of their agenda, BTW. Many other rights they want to take first - and folks will just hand them over Rant off...

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
That’ll never happen. Of course, most of the things that have happened this year I’d never thought would have happened either. Taking your guns is down on the list of their agenda, BTW. Many other rights they want to take first - and folks will just hand them over Rant off...
isn't that the truth. Well like I have said many times people don't think it would ever happen and I sure that's what the Jews thought in Germany and the Russians before Stalin well the list goes on just look at history.

Reactions: firemen7

Mr.RoadWarrior

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
Depends where I go, but mostly, yes, both a rifle and a pistol.

Down here in Texas, National Parks have serious cartel issues....and accidentally running into a smuggling group is bad news. At Big Bend NP, they have spotters up in the Chisos Mountains directing smuggling teams. Shots have been known to be fired to send a message to anyone getting too close. When I lived back in Pennsylvania, it was roaming meth labs cooking in the forest.

First time I went to Big Bend, I was way out and met a BP officer in full tactical gear. I rolled down my window to say hi and thanks for being there for all of us. His first question was "what are you doing out here?" second was "you got a gun?" When I said "yes, probably better stuff than you have" , he replied "well, ok then...have a good day" and drove off.

Mr.RoadWarrior

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
Exactly. To bad America could not get on board and do the same thing. We just banned all ar-15 style crap up here too. No need to have stuff like that. Airguns are fine as you can't really kill anyone in mass quantities with those. I have 6 firearms, 2 30-06, 12 shotguns and 2 .22 cal for hunting. They are safe as they are a tool for gathering food. For shooting target practice and fun, airguns are the deal for that since you can have fun in realitve safety.
Well, my friend, we will have to agree to disagree.

Drive through South Side Chicago or East LA or South Philly and make some new friends....you'll be begging for the nearest gun store in five minutes.