Launch Member

Contributor III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Ivan
Last Name
Hass
Member #

I tried many places for the medallions to go. In front of the side mirror. In front, back, above the Tacoma name on the door. Near the door handle. Most of those spots did not have a flat part of the body to stick them to. Could go on the GZL but sort of lost on the white camper. So they are very noticeable. Which is why they made them and you get one with membership. Start a conversation is the idea

Attachments

Micivan

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Ivan
Last Name
Hass
Member #

So I'm wondering about the difference in photos. Some are full size and some are as small previews. I used the attach files link. Would drag and drop the photo have placed it full size?

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I shun the sticker, badge identity thing.
I think it closes doors. It makes us a closed group. It discourages others from approaching us.
The badge says "entry only if you have a badge". So where will I stick my badge? On my garage wall.
I want to meet everyone.
Billiebob,
This is just my opinion, like you shared also. I am sad that you feel this way, about sporting our OB Emblem. If anything, it opens doors to questions on what OB and Overlanding in general is. It would be like trying to hide the facts that you have a 4x4, and use it off-road! At least in my mind! I do thank you for you many posts and the information you do share with others, here on OB. We have a great group of diversified members here and I am proud to have my OB Emblem, on my vehicles. Vance.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I am sad that you feel this way, about sporting our OB Emblem. If anything, it opens doors to questions on what OB and Overlanding in general is.
I agree with your point too. But I'm not overlanding to grow the sport, I'm not an ambassador for overlanding, I'm a traveller. I overland to meet and experience other cultures, people, wether they overland or not is not what I care about.

I used to think I was a boon docker since I prefer to be off grid and camp wild. Then I discovered the "boon docking" community was about how to squat for extended periods in one spot. And I figure squatters are the reason for the Second Amendment so I got off that website. I just think when you leave your identity behind, you open doors to new experiences, cultures, points of view, which is why I travel.

But this is the best website/forum I have found. I really like how focused it is and how we avoid the contraversial issues around the world unless they involve safe travelling. Even then the advice is advice on safety more so than opinion.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I agree with your point too. But I'm not overlanding to grow the sport, I'm not an ambassador for overlanding, I'm a traveller. I overland to meet and experience other cultures, people, wether they overland or not is not what I care about.

I used to think I was a boon docker since I prefer to be off grid and camp wild. Then I discovered the "boon docking" community was about how to squat for extended periods in one spot. And I figure squatters are the reason for the Second Amendment so I got off that website. I just think when you leave your identity behind, you open doors to new experiences, cultures, points of view, which is why I travel.

But this is the best website/forum I have found. I really like how focused it is and how we avoid the contraversial issues around the world unless they involve safe travelling. Even then the advice is advice on safety more so than opinion.
Billiebob,
Well said! Glad you are here on this site too! Vance.

Reactions: Old Tanker

Yngve

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oslo
Member #

-Fekk. I did not place. I misplaced "it", wich I imagine ought to be two. I dunno if I got one or two emblems, but lets just say a) I got two vehicles I want to place "it" on and b) where the Herr did I place that envolope..

How to obtain new emblems ? Anyone..?

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

-Fekk. I did not place. I misplaced "it", wich I imagine ought to be two. I dunno if I got one or two emblems, but lets just say a) I got two vehicles I want to place "it" on and b) where the Herr did I place that envolope..

How to obtain new emblems ? Anyone..?
Contact Amanda or Megin, at the OB store! I just did that and have my Emblems coming soon. It may take a bit, as OB waits to have a batch made up and the ingraving done with your Member number! The OB staff work hard to get things sent out, in a timely manor! Vance.

Reactions: Yngve

Semonster

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Segraves
Member #

Well it took me almost a year and a couple vehicle changes but I think I’ve finally settled on badge placement.

(I have been known to over think on the rare occasion :sweatsmile: )

On the tailgate on the truck:

OB Emblem Taco

On the passenger side on the Jeep, wasn’t sure how to deal with the antenna but figured I would go right beside it:

OB Emblem JK