Launch Member

Influencer I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
MiamiC70
Member #

Is he actually part of Overland Bound anymore? Seems like YouTube videos, posts on OB forums and engagement are few and far between for last year. Started around same time OB forum was “sold” to members and OB store had a sudden “clearance” sale and moved to what appears to be a drop ship model.

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

Is he actually part of Overland Bound anymore? Seems like YouTube videos, posts on OB forums and engagement are few and far between for last year. Started around same time OB forum was “sold” to members and OB store had a sudden “clearance” sale and moved to what appears to be a drop ship model.
Interesting. I get divestment, but something like this needs a leader to drive attention like he used to do, otherwise just becomes a random forum like Expedition Portal. Hope there’s updates soon!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Still here! We’re doubling down on the community, rally points, and our software. For me, less YouTube. I’ll still be making videos, but not as many. I look forward to meeting folks on the trail when I can, which is a much more authentic connection for me. In addition, we’re pushing aspirational themes about exploration and adventure front and center. Over the years it’s helped many members. Themes you just can’t argue with. Corrie, Kent, and I ask every day, how can we provide more for the community.

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

Still here! We’re doubling down on the community, rally points, and our software. For me, less YouTube. I’ll still be making videos, but not as many. I look forward to meeting folks on the trail when I can, which is a much more authentic connection for me. In addition, we’re pushing aspirational themes about exploration and adventure front and center. Over the years it’s helped many members. Themes you just can’t argue with. Corrie, Kent, and I ask every day, how can we provide more for the community.
Looking forward to it! As a camping noob your Three Box article helped me fundamentally organize things years ago and make it this a feasible family adventure option! Looking forward to more from the community!

Reactions: Corrie

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Reinforcing what Michael said. We've been heads down here planning and now we're 'doing'. We transitioned to fully remote operations and moved out of the Bay Area for cleaner air and open space. We also phased out retail to focus solely on OB1 community software, but kept our long term partnerships with companies like Gazelle and Tembo Tusk. (We've had dropship partners since 2015 and will continue.)

We'll be creating YouTube shorts aka vertical scroll content and we have a long form video currently in the editing stages.

Talking about this stuff is one thing, doing it is another. More to come y'all!

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Looking forward to the focus and glad to see the old partners still available at the store. Hope to run into you guys again on the trail.

Reactions: Hookster

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

I really appreciate all that you and Corrie have done in bringing together the overlanding community, not only in North America, but across the globe. If you’re planning to spend more time on the trail this year, have you considered meeting up with and interviewing members along the way? It would be interesting to hear about their adventures and see the rig setups of “regular” folks who overland simply for enjoyment. Anyway, keep up the good work and have a fabulous summer!

Hookster

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Oregon
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hook
Member #

Reinforcing what Michael said. We've been heads down here planning and now we're 'doing'. We transitioned to fully remote operations and moved out of the Bay Area for cleaner air and open space. We also phased out retail to focus solely on OB1 community software, but kept our long term partnerships with companies like Gazelle and Tembo Tusk. (We've had dropship partners since 2015 and will continue.)

We'll be creating YouTube shorts aka vertical scroll content and we have a long form video currently in the editing stages.

Talking about this stuff is one thing, doing it is another. More to come y'all!
Good to hear from you guys.

Hookster

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Oregon
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hook
Member #

Good to hear! Like Miamic70 said, pretty quiet after the campaign. You guys were bonkers active then poof!

I think investors and the community need to know you’re still passionate about this. It was a little concerning. We love you guys and just hoping everything was okay. Was good to hear from you and Corrie!

Greg

Reactions: MiamiC70

Hookster

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Oregon
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hook
Member #

I really appreciate all that you and Corrie have done in bringing together the overlanding community, not only in North America, but across the globe. If you’re planning to spend more time on the trail this year, have you considered meeting up with and interviewing members along the way? It would be interesting to hear about their adventures and see the rig setups of “regular” folks who overland simply for enjoyment. Anyway, keep up the good work and have a fabulous summer!
Love this suggestion!