Member #

And then there's this...

View attachment 9669

Victorinox Swiss Army SwissChamp XAVT - $379
  • Ultimate Swiss Army knife with 80 essential functions packed into one tool
  • Also includes a digital clock, altimeter, barometer, and thermometer
  • Several blades, corkscrew, can opener, tweezers, toothpick, scissors
  • Fish scaler, magnifying glass, ballpoint pen, LED light
That's not... I don't even want... I can't unsee this...

BackWoods

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Northfield, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Tritabaugh
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Gerber. I've had my current onefor over 10 years. Use it everyday landscaping with no issues. Plus it survived 2 combat tours. I had an issue with a old one which I striped the Phillips head 2 weeks before a deployment. Gerber replaced the whole thing & upgraded it to boot. Won't use anything else.

It's been a long road. Getting from there to here.
Going where my heart will take me.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I use a Gerber MP600 black with the replaceable carbide jaw inserts. I don't like the knife on it much, but the file does pretty good and the other bits are handy. I've carried it for 3-4 years now I guess and it just keeps going. I have been pinched by it but I can put the pliers into service with one hand where the Leatherman one's I've seen all take two hands.

Last edited:

Baby Jeep Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ottawa
Member #

Leatherman Surge
NEVER leaves my hip.
Best tool I have. Great piece of equipment.
The removable and replaceable bits and saw, file (serated and diamond!), punch and optional blades are amazing.
Well built, mime is 3 years old, both blades still sharp and moving parts are smooth amd effortless.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using OB Talk mobile app

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Leatherman Surge in a Nays Custom Leathers Holster. If you haven't looked into a holster from nayscustomleather on etsy, do it. Fits like a glove, and takes whatever you throw at it.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Lost my wave never got over it Costco have the surge at the moment whats the differance
The surge is bigger and has a couple different tools. I've had both, I broke my wave. I still need to send it back to be replaced. Nice that leatherman has a lifetime warranty.

Reactions: boss324

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

When I'm working, I'll carry a Wingman. It's cheap, I own a few, and don't mind loaning them out. Heard of too many people lose their pricey ones on set, or never get them back from "borrowers".

Sometimes I'll additionally pouch carry a Skeletool with all the little bits.

On my person at all times:
-Gerber Shard (most used)
-Titanium Phillips/Flathead driver
-Nite Ize DoohicKey

Edit:

-CP TACO

OB #2376

Reactions: 20DYNAMITE07

Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

I've had the Gerber Multi-Plier for years! I actually have two. One I carry at work, the other is my EDC. Never had any trouble with either. Never pinched me, and I love the one-handed opening.

I am looking for a new leather holster for my EDC. Need a good strong belt loop. I wore out the nylon one that came with the Gerber, so I found a leather one at a surplus store. But the belt loop is less than substantial- I'm worried it will let go one of these days, and risk loosing the Gerber if I don't notice. So I'd like to replace it for a more substantial leather one. Any ideas?

Randy

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I've had the Gerber Multi-Plier for years! I actually have two. One I carry at work, the other is my EDC. Never had any trouble with either. Never pinched me, and I love the one-handed opening.

I am looking for a new leather holster for my EDC. Need a good strong belt loop. I wore out the nylon one that came with the Gerber, so I found a leather one at a surplus store. But the belt loop is less than substantial- I'm worried it will let go one of these days, and risk loosing the Gerber if I don't notice. So I'd like to replace it for a more substantial leather one. Any ideas?

Randy
I use a Blackhawk single magazine nylon pouch for mine. Its done great for 3 years now as my EDC. Its always on my side when I'm nite in the mill, I even wear it to church.