What's your MPG (fuel economy) on the road.

• HTML tutorial

liftedrango

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodbine, GA, USA
First Name
Gabriwl
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

From factory I got around 12 around town and 17 on the highway at 75mph. After I did my 4 inch lift and put on my 33's I get around 10 city and about 16 highway. I am going on a 2 day overland trip this weekend which includes 5 hours of driving one way with a combination of highway and trials. I will update my Mpg come Sunday night when I get back home.

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

1988 HJ75 UTE with RV shell 2H diesel 5spd 33"
20.5 MPG at 70mph
around town it drops or sometimes is a little better like constant 50 - 55 good for about 22mpg

Reactions: TrailmapperMB

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

scout3.jpg

When it's finished, I'm planning on 12 mpg.. We'll see.. Its sitting on 33/12.5/15 Super Swamper TrXus, has an "RV" Summit racing cammed '72 350, 4spd. It will have a Holley offroad carb. I custom built a 27 gallon s/s fuel tank and will have 2 5 gallon jerry cans mounted off the back bumper..Gears in both Dana 44's are 3.70's, iirc.. possibly 3.50's. I KNOW it'll be heavier than the average paper weight.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 27897

When it's finished, I'm planning on 12 mpg.. We'll see.. Its sitting on 33/12.5/15 Super Swamper TrXus, has an "RV" Summit racing cammed '72 350, 4spd. It will have a Holley offroad carb. I custom built a 27 gallon s/s fuel tank and will have 2 5 gallon jerry cans mounted off the back bumper..Gears in both Dana 44's are 3.70's, iirc.. possibly 3.50's. I KNOW it'll be heavier than the average paper weight.
Very nice man! With the 27 and 2 jerry's, you'll get some distance before re-fueling!

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

20170603_093133.jpg I average about 19-20 mpg. This is my daily driver. It's kind of interesting that I get better gas mileage going 70mpg, than I do going 60mph. I do baby my truck. I have hit 24mpg every so often as it sits.

Seumas

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
First Name
Seumas
Last Name
MacKinlay
Member #

The Hemi is a thirsty beast. Our combined city/highway average is typically around 13 MPG --and that's UNLOADED with stock equipment. Last fall we managed to average 18 MPG on a trip from Pittsburgh to Philly, but that was downhill... with a tailwind... :wink:Average speed was probably 70 - 75 mph. In contrast, my wife's Honda Insight gets a city/highway average of 38 MPG... :flushed:

v_man

Rank IV

Advocate I

Redwood City
Hummer H3T Alpha. 4:10 gears and 35" Toyo Mud terrains. 5.3 L V8 motor.
13mpg
Life is to short to have great fuel mileage. Ha ha

Also, I have a tuner kit that plugs into OPD2 port. With that I can tune the engine and transmission, but also adjust tire size to get speedometer reading correctly

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!
looks like the Echo Canyon staircases , cool trail and truck...

v_man

Rank IV

Advocate I

Redwood City
On all these different MPG threads, I always wonder if people are just reporting the MPG that the vehicle computer tells them. I also wonder how many people take into account how larger tires or lower gears affect their speedometers and odometers....

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

On all these different MPG threads, I always wonder if people are just reporting the MPG that the vehicle computer tells them. I also wonder how many people take into account how larger tires or lower gears affect their speedometers and odometers....
When I installed my 33's, my speedo was off. I ended up having my speedometer recalibrated and changed the gear inside. I calculate my mpg the old fashioned way, dividing miles between fillups by the gallons of gas. Still only get 11 mpg but it's nice to have the actual speed being shown.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Ron Schmidt

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Salt Lake City UT
Member #

The Van Elenora has seen as high as 22mpg tooling through slow and beautiful areas here in the mountains near SLC. It has also gone as low a 7.5 on one 100ish mile stretch in 4 low in the sand in the Mojave . Normal day in and day out city/highway combined about 16-17. At 89 mph (rev limited top speed with the 33" tires) and no wind it is nearer to 12. Fly and pay, cruise and save!

Ron Schmidt

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Salt Lake City UT
Member #

When I installed my 33's, my speedo was off. I ended up having my speedometer recalibrated and changed the gear inside. I calculate my mpg the old fashioned way, dividing miles between fillups by the gallons of gas. Still only get 11 mpg but it's nice to have the actual speed being shown.
With the bigger tires on my van the indicated speed and miles are 8.5% off correct. So I mentally to the math, or just look at the GPS, which doesn't care a bit about tire size or gear ratios!

T

The Raven

I get 15 summer, 13 winter. 16-17 on e-free when i can get it. 1996 FZJ80

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offcamber

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Princeton, TX
Member #

In my JK I get about 17-18. In our Grand Cherokee tuned ecodiesel, we get about 33-35 on the highway and about 27 in the city. The WK2 is definitely our choice for long distance trips.

Reactions: Jeff Graham