What part of northern Cali are you from?

• HTML tutorial

PB1302

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fairfield, California, United States
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Brestak
Member #

Hi. last post here was on June 25, 2021 lets get it back on. I'm from Fairfield , CA. Slowly working on my pickup as an overlander.
In FF as well. What are you doing to your truck? What rig are you driving? I Got a 2017 F-150 FX4, 2019 4Runner TRD Off Road and a 1989 LR Defender 110(super slow work in progress) in my stable.

Definitely looking for some local peeps to go overland with. Hope to get to the HWY 395 area this year.

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Welcome! -from your neighbor in Tres Pinos.
Well howdy neighbor, you need to let me know if you have found any secret routes into the backcountry out there, as I have a tried a lot of roads only to find, annoyingly, huge multi-lock gates…

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Surrounded by private land in this county. Clear Creek is interesting, access by on-line permits and gate code of the day. Other than that, Los Padres forest to the south is the closest.

Bugeyz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Ric
Last Name
Mir
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STD
In FF as well. What are you doing to your truck? What rig are you driving? I Got a 2017 F-150 FX4, 2019 4Runner TRD Off Road and a 1989 LR Defender 110(super slow work in progress) in my stable.

Definitely looking for some local peeps to go overland with. Hope to get to the HWY 395 area this year.
Wow, that's quite a selection for overlanding but nice to have choices. I have a 2015 ford 250 starting with a Leitner rack, then a deck system, added an alpha 2 RTT then a 270 awning and a kick ass shower. We have a 21' motorhome that my wife and I use frequently for her "glamping" so the only way I can have her come with me overlanding is when I get to have some semblance with the motorhome. So I added a 35 gallon water tank tucked in the back corner of the cargo bed. Water heater, diesel heater, battery operated porta potty, and all the 110v power she needs for her morning kuerig coffee. Still working on fabricating the drop down slide for the dometic fridge and the kitchen area. I'm sure I still have more to go. Planning on doing a two week trip sometime this coming spring along the many beautiful places of 395 with the overlander expo - west as the destination then coming back using another route.

PB1302

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fairfield, California, United States
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Brestak
Member #

Wow, that's quite a selection for overlanding but nice to have choices. I have a 2015 ford 250 starting with a Leitner rack, then a deck system, added an alpha 2 RTT then a 270 awning and a kick ass shower. We have a 21' motorhome that my wife and I use frequently for her "glamping" so the only way I can have her come with me overlanding is when I get to have some semblance with the motorhome. So I added a 35 gallon water tank tucked in the back corner of the cargo bed. Water heater, diesel heater, battery operated porta potty, and all the 110v power she needs for her morning kuerig coffee. Still working on fabricating the drop down slide for the dometic fridge and the kitchen area. I'm sure I still have more to go. Planning on doing a two week trip sometime this coming spring along the many beautiful places of 395 with the overlander expo - west as the destination then coming back using another route.
Way more of a rig than I have. Definitely want to check it out. We’re in Green Valley area. Might be able to bring the wife along if I have all you have. I got a fridge, RTT, lithium power setup, solar, home made Drifta Camping Kitchen, etc. Hoping to do water, shower and a potty for the wife. I’ll message you my info if you got time this weekend to check out your rig.

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Surrounded by private land in this county. Clear Creek is interesting, access by on-line permits and gate code of the day. Other than that, Los Padres forest to the south is the closest.
Yah clear creek, been out there and felt the weird I am surrounded by asbestos feeling…started coughing and said well that is enough of that! -

I know there is a secret road somewhere… have not yet given up trying… :smirkcat:

Reactions: JimBill

FirenzeForza4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Napa Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Apal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SNX
Hey new member here. Exploring in a 2012 LR4 from Napa Valley. Looking forward to getting out there more and learning from others and sharing the world with my two young sons. Cheers!

Bugeyz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Ric
Last Name
Mir
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STD
Hey new member here. Exploring in a 2012 LR4 from Napa Valley. Looking forward to getting out there more and learning from others and sharing the world with my two young sons. Cheers!
Hi neighbor, welcome. I'm new here myself. Hopefully someday we can set up starting with a day trip for those of us within Napa-Solano area.

Reactions: FirenzeForza4x4

FirenzeForza4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Napa Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Apal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SNX
Hi neighbor, welcome. I'm new here myself. Hopefully someday we can set up starting with a day trip for those of us within Napa-Solano area.
Definitely. I did a quick recon trip up to the entrance of Mendocino Nf at Middle Creek Campground recently in hopes of running the Mendo Discovery Route sometime.