What knives do you guys recommend?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I also carry my swiss army outdoorsman and a gerber bear grylls folding knife with me alot. I love the grip on the BG knives so much my wife bought me the fixed blade bigger knife with the included firestarter for me for christmas and it lives in the back of the jeep. I have used it many times when we never packed all our gear and just went up in the woods for a day. great to rig up a fire quickly.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
For daily and universal use I carry just a Leatherman Wave. While in the outdoors, overlanding and camping I carry in addtion a swedish Morakniv with integrated firesteel. While the Leatherman is very universal for me and I use it nearly daily, the Morakniv is a simple but good to use knive.

There a so many knives ou there. In addition to the intended purpose, the decision in favor of one knife or another also depends - as with many other items of equipment - on personal preferences. One likes classic knives, the other modern etc. I would just look at a few and see what I personally like and what fits the intended purpose most. Here in this topic there are already some great pictures of different knives, which may help you decide.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
By the way, here are some more recommendations and ideas about knives:

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Daily is between a Leatherman FREE T4 and a custom shop Buck 501. Love the utility of the T4 but the S30V blade on the Buck is ridiculously more durable - I feel like I'm honing the T4 twice a week. Only problem with the Buck is that it's not what the company used to be but I couldn't help but give in to the nostalgia of my first knife.

For the truck/camp knife, I have both an older Leatherman Wave and a Benchmade Adamas fixed blade I picked up "used" (looked brand new) for super cheap. The Benchmade is a bit (ok, a lot) on the wannabe operator side in appearance for me but I added G10 scales instead of paracord and it has most of what I'd want in a compact emergency knife should I find myself stranded and hiking out.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I go with CRKT, Kershaw, Gerber, SOG or Buck most of the time. I find that they are affordable and offer a good blade that stays sharp a long time. I have several different types of each and they all have their uses. I guess one of these days I should take them all out of the bag and take a picture. I have two knife sets, one for skinning and gutting deer and the other for camping. I'll buy a knife just because it looks cool and has a good blade so I guess I'm kind of a collector. I probably have 10-15 knives in each of sets. My daily carry is currently a CRKT Igniter, assisted opening, serrated, with a 3.5" blade! The serrated portioned is excellent at cutting small branches and briars among other things!

Reactions: El-Dracho