Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Champlin, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Beglinger
Member #

I've all different types of vehicles and brands and didn't really name most of them, until I got into Mustangs. I've had 3 Mustang GTs ('66, '06, '11). Pretty sure the '06 was named Betty because her fog lamps reminded me of Betty Davis eyes and she was such a Betty. The '66 was named Sally after Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett that was released in '65. Drawing a blank on the '11.

My "overland rig" / current daily driver is my 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon which I've been calling Rubi, seemed appropriate, even if a bit unoriginal :)

Reactions: Dog Party

KCAT

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pueblo, Colorado, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
King
Member #

I had a 2007 Jeep JKU named Rhama.

My wife's 2000 Jeep TJ is named Hermi.

My 1981 Jeep Scrambler is named The Gremlin even though it is red at the moment.

The 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRDOR does not have a name yet.

The 2013 Toyota Prius C is named Lil' Luis. After King Luis from the Jungle Book because its orange and little.

Dog Party

Rank 0

Contributor I

I've all different types of vehicles and brands and didn't really name most of them, until I got into Mustangs. I've had 3 Mustang GTs ('66, '06, '11). Pretty sure the '06 was named Betty because her fog lamps reminded me of Betty Davis eyes and she was such a Betty. The '66 was named Sally after Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett that was released in '65. Drawing a blank on the '11.
My wife's 03 Mustang convertible is named Sandy. She has tan interior, we live at the beach, and the first "upgrade" I did to her was Husky floormats so the carpet wouldn't get...sandy.

Reactions: Auggie

minnesotamatt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Champlin, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Beglinger
Member #

My wife's 03 Mustang convertible is named Sandy. She has tan interior, we live at the beach, and the first "upgrade" I did to her was Husky floormats so the carpet wouldn't get...sandy.
That's a clever name, love it! And when she is acting up you could always call her Bad Sandy (from Grease) :)

Contributor I

Lola II, The first Lola was a 92 YJ. One day as I was driving the jeep trying to think of a name a song called Lola Montez came on and as I listened to the song I realized that the song was about an exotic dancer. "How Does this apply to a jeep?" you might ask, well a jeep can take her top off, takes all your money and never actually gives you anything but fond memories of misadventures. Just like a Stripper... Thus Lola the first was named. Now I drive a FJ Cruiser and in the short time Ive owned her, she has proven much the same and earned the title Lola II

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

Min usually goes by "Stellar" which is partially the name of the color of it. That being stellar blue pearl.