What is your rigs name

• HTML tutorial

Rekhan

Rank 0

Traveler I

I've gone through a lot of vehicles half I can't even remember. Here's a short list... '94 Nissan Hardbody pickup - Lucy, 2001 VW Jetta - Betty, 99 TJ Wangler - Chewie (because the steering shaft sounded like Chewbacca), '77 CJ-7 - Lucky (also Levi because it was a Levi's edition), '01 XJ Cherokee - Pristina (she was pristine like Christina Aguilera), '13 Kawasaki KLR650 - Babe (the blue ox), and currently 2003 Toyota 4Runner - Nacho (because cheese mine).

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

You always see the Jeep folks with their vehicles named on their hoods...names like "Dominator" or "Slayer"....and it got me wondering if other people, jeep or otherwise, have named their rigs. So....

...Whats your rig's name and why did you name it that?

Mine is Caird, named after the small boat James Caird. The James Caird was a 22.5ft life boat that arguably saved the lives of Ernest Shackleton and the crew of the Endurance in 1916. The Endurance was trapped in the ice in the Weddell Sea of Antarctica and eventually sank. While the overall story of the Endurance is quite a good one, the Caird is known for the open ocean journey from Elephant Island to South Georgia, 800 miles in rough seas (at times 100ft swells) and no navigation except stars and luck. When you consider the size of the ocean, the size of South Georgia, and the fact that past that is just the open Atlantic, it was a miracle they landed on South Georgia.

In the spirit of overlanding, and the fact that my rig is my life boat, I named my 4Runner Caird.
Mom mobile View attachment 82971FB_IMG_1547532749560.jpeg20181124_112325_1543122890220.jpegIMG_20181029_192024_918.jpeg

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding