HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
So for 2 years I've called my Rig, a horse with no name, after going through the desert. Since it's technically my wife's, she refused to adopt the name. Finally she said the other day it shall be named, Major Tom. So now when we call our friends in their Earth Cruiser you may hear-- "this is Major Tom to Earth Control, do you hear me Earth Control.."
Oh the things we do for enjoyment while driving. LOL [emoji41]

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

I've been trying to come up with a name for my rig , reading through this thread got me thinking. The name will be "Burkitt" , if it wasn't for having had Burkitt lymphoma , I'm not sure I would have gotten into traveling or overlanding as much, it was a real life changer for me . I think it will be fitting! 20180903_171223.jpeg

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
I've been trying to come up with a name for my rig , reading through this thread got me thinking. The name will be "Burkitt" , if it wasn't for having had Burkitt lymphoma , I'm not sure I would have gotten into traveling or overlanding as much, it was a real life changer for me . I think it will be fitting!
Amazing how realizing our mortality changes our mindset. For me, a heart attack in the end of May changed my thinking from "Someday I want to..." to "Today we are going to..."

Odinson Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Minden, Australia
First Name
Odinson
Last Name
Overland
Member #

I named my rig Valkryie, after having such terrible luck with vehicles always breaking down, the first one to inspire confidence and pride deserved a name fitting of the warrior it is.

Check it out on our recent trip:

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

FB_IMG_1529159624113.jpg My daughter named my old Cherokee " Rumbly". I named my Harley "Quinn". My jeep had been without a name for since I bought it in 07. My wife wanted to call it "Big Sexy Blue." However I wasn't liking it to much. The other day the jeep named herself "Molle." This is because of all the time I spend looking for and buying molle gear to put in her.

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

Mine is MIMI. the big chick in a miniskirt. She is really awkward and you always wonder if she will fit where I put her but she is comfortable has a lot of attitude and I cant help but love it.20180304_134725.jpeg

Andrew Leach

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX
Member #

My 2018 4Runner...Ulysses

A poem written by Tennyson, Ulysses:

...‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and all the western stars, until I die.
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down:
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Ulyssez.jpg