Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

The Old Goat...what i call it...wife and kids have other names..but this is a family showView attachment 21571
That literally made me lol! [emoji2]

I can relate, my wife jokingly / not jokingly calls it my mistress among other things because of the time and money I spend on it. She has a couple choice things to say but yeah we gotta keep it PG.

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: caleath

PuraVida

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Midland, Texas, United States
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Austin
Member #

Well my wife named my '89..... umm well I can't repeat it in polite company..... I have been trying to come up with a name for a while problem I am having is I refer to any thing mechanical as female but most names I like are masculine... been thinking about Prometheus, the legend kinda bucked the other gods and did his own thing, he was supposed to have given mankind fire. But the meaning of the name is "forethought" which fits since it took me 3+ years to ever start modifying her and I don't do conventional. I like doing things smart and I need to be convinced it is, not just because everyone else is so it fits.
The new JK is named Pura Vida. We vacationed in Costa Rica last April and loved the country and the people and their motto for life is Pura Vida meaning "pure life". It's a reminder to slow down and live a good life. We love the meaning and that trip kinda sparked this desire to get out and explore.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

My old LR Defender 90 was named the Exxon Valdez, in part because it's registration plate was XON, but mainly due to the amount of oil it used to leak. My current Defender 110 is The Brick, again it's registration plate and it's similar aerodynamic shape.

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

View attachment 9510 My truck is always filled with camping gear because I have gotten tired of always unloading it. So I'm always driving around with it loaded my friends started calling it The pack mule and I liked it so I went with that for a while till my buddy's mule died and he suggested that we start calling it Pancho after his mule so the that being said she is now named Pancho
Look into a super spring to take care of that sag!

—————————

Hey Now!

Reactions: Ingle939

JsinLegacy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kingman, AZ
Member #

Well we just recently picked up a new 4Runner but we've been calling it ABE since we got it. Mainly stands for All Black Everything since its already blacked out.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

My old LR Defender 90 was named the Exxon Valdez, in part because it's registration plate was XON, but mainly due to the amount of oil it used to leak. My current Defender 110 is The Brick, again it's registration plate and it's similar aerodynamic shape.
Love the reason for the name Exxon Valdez. (Oil leaks) That is too funny!

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: somerset-andy