Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

What is that one thing that you really find annoying while out camping / Overlanding?

Is it something that is just irritating, or ruin your whole trip?

I’m pretty laid back but like most, I have one. I’ll wait and see if it comes up in the comments.

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

It takes a lot to make a trip go bad but I'm always pretty bummed when I find lots of human caused trash out in the middle of nowhere.
I’m with you on it taking a lot to ruin a trip all together. You can’t control what you can’t control and that is all just part of the adventure. You about hit mine on the head with the trash, specifically TP and human waste 40’ from a prime camp spot. I always make sure to get out and walk around an area before even consider setting up camp no matter how remote I may think it is.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Trash and loud music. We were in Arkansas a couple months ago and found a remote state park camp area with about a dozen sites, remote and right on the Mulberry river. Some guy rolls up with a buddy and two trashy skanks and they start blaring rap music so loud it was echoing off the trees. That was pretty aggravating. I guess lack of respect and courtesy is a big pet peeve. Unfortunately the law protects that kind of behavior, I know asking them nicely to turn it down would have started a mess and I would be considered the "aggressor" since I would be the one to approach.
I guess having to "suck it up" when others act an ass is my real pet peeve.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Blinding truck lights, hate those. And worse, newbs driving around on the street with led bars on. Then again, I love they way they sound when an axe goes through them.

Generators. Really, you need a gen for piddly lights? Save the gens for nights that require AC.

Loud music at night. Ya'll could have partied at home.

Anyone that moves my solar panel, table or anything, for any reason at all.

People that ''reserve'' spots for their buddies that will never show up anyways. I make a note that everyone in the campground may help themselves to my cooler, except those people.

Self centered morons at a boat ramp. Oh great, boaters want to boondock as well. Yay.

Curse of the externally mounted BRAND NEW, scratch free, shovel. Hardcore bad luck.

Curse of the perfectly new externally mounted Maxtax.

Curse of the new highlift jack....

Curse of the empty Rotopax....

Curse of.....well you get the idea.

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Blinding truck lights, hate those. And worse, newbs driving around on the street with led bars on. Then again, I love they way they sound when an axe goes through them.

Generators. Really, you need a gen for piddly lights? Save the gens for nights that require AC.

Loud music at night. Ya'll could have partied at home.

Anyone that moves my solar panel, table or anything, for any reason at all.

People that ''reserve'' spots for their buddies that will never show up anyways. I make a note that everyone in the campground may help themselves to my cooler, except those people.

Self centered morons at a boat ramp. Oh great, boaters want to boondock as well. Yay.

Curse of the externally mounted BRAND NEW, scratch free, shovel. Hardcore bad luck.

Curse of the perfectly new externally mounted Maxtax.

Curse of the new highlift jack....

Curse of the empty Rotopax....

Curse of.....well you get the idea.
Bahahaha the shovel thing doesn’t annoy me but it makes me laugh. I’ve worn out more shovels than most will ever own. An the freshly painted never been used mounted shovel reminds me of people that wear cowboy boots but don’t own a horse. At that point it’s a costume. For the record I don’t wear cowboy boots BUT do own a horse name Shady. As in Shady AF. I also have a shovel in my rig that is definitely rusty, most likely has some dried dog $hit on it, and isn’t going to win me any IG cred. It makes up for that in having a strong handle and will do what shovels do.

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
Agreed with most of the comments already - but the one that really irks me is trash, piles of poo and TP. C'mon people! Dig a cat-hole and bury it at least. Better yet, but one of those cool back-county toilet seats with the chem-bag to poo in and pack it out. OK, I'll step down from the soapbox...

Reactions: Graeman and Ghost

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Trash and loud music. We were in Arkansas a couple months ago and found a remote state park camp area with about a dozen sites, remote and right on the Mulberry river. Some guy rolls up with a buddy and two trashy skanks and they start blaring rap music so loud it was echoing off the trees. That was pretty aggravating. I guess lack of respect and courtesy is a big pet peeve. Unfortunately the law protects that kind of behavior, I know asking them nicely to turn it down would have started a mess and I would be considered the "aggressor" since I would be the one to approach.
I guess having to "suck it up" when others act an ass is my real pet peeve.
My co-worker went camping a couple weeks ago and that group came rolling into the campsight on their second day.

A day of load music, heavy drinking, and screaming profanity. At about 2am they started hearing the screams for help. Apparently drunk guy was crawling around on some rocks and fell on his head. The drunk loud people loaded him up and drove to the hospital. They came back at daybreak to load up their camp stuff and told my co-worker that the guy was in the hospital with a broken neck.

Last edited:

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Being around other people is pretty annoying :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I tend to be pretty anti social when out camping or wheeling unless it's with a select group of friends/family. I mainly go do that stuff to get away from everything/one

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

GENSETS !!!!

I hate that constant buzz. Makes me want drown it out with some LOUD Queen.

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

GENSETS !!!!

I hate that constant buzz. Makes me want drown it out with some LOUD Queen.

I own one and the noise annoys me even when the power is out and I’m using it at my home. I sure as $hit don’t want to listen to one when I’m camping and is why steer clear of most developed camp grounds.

As for your music selection, The Game was the first album I ever purchased. Think I was 12-13? back in 1980?

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

People blasting music, people yelling or making a bunch of unnecessary noise, people that leave a mess. My biggest pet peeve though is when people bring their loud yappy ankle biter dogs that bark the entire time they’re there. I love my dog and she does amazing on camping trips. Doesn’t bark at anyone and stays by my side the entire time. But, if she was one of those loud barking dogs I wouldn’t bring her along because that’s selfish. It’s hard to relax when all you hear is a dog barking all day and especially at night. I also don’t want to hear your loud spoiled rotten kid screaming or throwing a tantrum.

Last edited:

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

As most of you:
Trash, I hate it! When I go out I always return with the trasharoo full, even if it is only 1 night camp...

Music, yeah, we all love to hang with friends, but it's not necesary to mount a rave with loud music...

Intoxicated people: yup, if you wanna go party its ok, if you want to drink, its ok, but know your limits!

People asking if they can fly my drone...

Reactions: sabjku

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
When we packed up and drove off I said good bye to each one of them by name.
ha! and i'm sure they still didn't get it, probably when you left they were upset and chattering to each other how you were "eavesdropping" on them! you camp to get away from that and BINGO, they are right next to you now even closer than if they were a neighbor back home.

Last edited:
Reactions: PCO6