Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

So after years of toting around a table, sometimes shoved inside sometimes shoved on the roof, and opening that table every time we need to cook. (Admittedly I have a habit of rolling into my first night of camping rather late. Having to setup a table late at night, in addition to setting up something to sleep in, sometimes just plain sucks.) I finally decided it was time to make something. I built a tailgate table on the back of my jeep. It was cheap, simple, and works so well. This is currently my favorite mod and I think it will be for a very long time. So what is your favorite mod? It can be small or large, cheap or expensive, or something simple. Here is a video of the table I made for my Jeep.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Interesting. What do you like about the overhead console?
The best features of the overhead is the ability to stash my go to items, a place for maps, I also loved my stereo and my CB up there. Near future upgrade to the console will be adding a couple of power ports for charging devices that I store up there.
might the other thing I really like is that everything is easier for me to get to now.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I love my Lockers too! When I read Armored mud tires my mind immediately imagined welding armor plating to the outside of a tire:tearsofjoy:.

Skid plates are must!

I don't know the word for it yet. But thick walled MT's that have some designing to reduce pinch flats and rim leaks. Cooper STT's for example.

Any tire based on an AT carcass, like GY Duratrac, won't last long where I go.

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

I love my Lockers too! When I read Armored mud tires my mind immediately imagined welding armor plating to the outside of a tire:tearsofjoy:.

Skid plates are must!

I don't know the word for it yet. But thick walled MT's that have some designing to reduce pinch flats and rim leaks. Cooper STT's for example.

Any tire based on an AT carcass, like GY Duratrac, won't last long where I go.
Yes the good year duratracs do not have a good reputation in the areas we go either. They are very thin 2 ply side walls. Ko2 and Cooper STTs have 3 ply and seem to hold up well.

Reactions: MidOH

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

So after years of toting around a table, sometimes shoved inside sometimes shoved on the roof, and opening that table every time we need to cook. (Admittedly I have a habit of rolling into my first night of camping rather late. Having to setup a table late at night, in addition to setting up something to sleep in, sometimes just plain sucks.) I finally decided it was time to make something. I built a tailgate table on the back of my jeep. It was cheap, simple, and works so well. This is currently my favorite mod and I think it will be for a very long time. So what is your favorite mod? It can be small or large, cheap or expensive, or something simple. Here is a video of the table I made for my Jeep.

I built a tailgate table for my TJ (LJ) too and it's been very handy. My favourite mod though is the Hyundai Tiburon seats that I installed. I later removed them and installed Dorman seat heater kits which made them even better.

19-10-12 2.JPG19-10-12 4.JPGSeats 2.jpg

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

I built a tailgate table for my TJ (LJ) too and it's been very handy. My favourite mod though is the Hyundai Tiburon seats that I installed. I later removed them and installed Dorman seat heater kits which made them even better.

View attachment 163529View attachment 163530View attachment 163531
Man that looks like one comfy upgrade. Any modifcation to the seat brackets to make that work? Does the fold and tumble function still work?

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

My Chevy half ton leaf swap on my ranger has been my favorite mod so far, much more articulation, much smoother ride on road (they're longer than stock leafs) and handles the weight far better.

A super close second is my bed cap. I love that thing.

Reactions: Embark With Mark