Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

For right now my fav mod is my 3.5in lift that allows me to fit 35's but my future mod will be my most favorite and thats gonna be either a whipple or procharger

Reactions: Embark With Mark

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

My Chevy half ton leaf swap on my ranger has been my favorite mod so far, much more articulation, much smoother ride on road (they're longer than stock leafs) and handles the weight far better.

A super close second is my bed cap. I love that thing.
Totally jealous of the bed space you guys with trucks have! I love having a smoother ride off road. Cadillac mode engage!

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Man that looks like one comfy upgrade. Any modifcation to the seat brackets to make that work? Does the fold and tumble function still work?
It was pretty easy to do and you're right ... VERY comfy and now warm. It was also very inexpensive. I've found these seats (2003 Tiburon in this case) for as little as $35 each at a wrecker. With a bit of steel and hardware the total cost is about $100 for the pair.

I used the TJ/LJ floor brackets and bolted the Tiburon seat sliders to some simple flat bar brackets that I cut to fit. the flat bar was 1/4" x 1.5" and 1/" x 2". I used Grade 8 hardware and no welding was required. The above pic is of my LJ. I also did it to my TJ and these are the bracket. The fold forward does work. The original seat fold forward handle will be lost of course with the new seats. I simply tied a cord with a t-handle (think lawn mower) to the original TJ mechanism and pull it from the rear of seat. The cord simply lays down on the floor. This pic is of my 2003 TJ and unfortunately the driver's seat dose not have the fold forward feature. The above cord system works great in my LJ though.

Seats 5.jpg

I did the same conversion in my XJ and funny enough it was easier to use the original XJ sliders.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Plenty of room for two in a pickup. Put a queen sized bed on top of a decked system.
yep! i also think my cap is the best mod followed by building a deck with full 6.5' slide drawers and a 4" queen size memory foam mattress. comfortable and versatile

IMG_4252.JPG

Last edited:

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

It was pretty easy to do and you're right ... VERY comfy and now warm. It was also very inexpensive. I've found these seats (2003 Tiburon in this case) for as little as $35 each at a wrecker. With a bit of steel and hardware the total cost is about $100 for the pair.

I used the TJ/LJ floor brackets and bolted the Tiburon seat sliders to some simple flat bar brackets that I cut to fit. the flat bar was 1/4" x 1.5" and 1/" x 2". I used Grade 8 hardware and no welding was required. The above pic is of my LJ. I also did it to my TJ and these are the bracket. The fold forward does work. The original seat fold forward handle will be lost of course with the new seats. I simply tied a cord with a t-handle (think lawn mower) to the original TJ mechanism and pull it from the rear of seat. The cord simply lays down on the floor. This pic is of my 2003 TJ and unfortunately the driver's seat dose not have the fold forward feature. The above cord system works great in my LJ though.

View attachment 163577

I did the same conversion in my XJ and funny enough it was easier to use the original XJ sliders.
Thank you for the information. Love the idea!

Reactions: PCO6

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

yep! i also think my cap is the best mod followed by building a deck with full 6.5' slide drawers and a 4" queen size memory foam mattress. comfortable and versatile

View attachment 163594
:fearscream: That drawer system! I dream about a setup similar in my TJ. I think that is the next big modification is to build some sort of drawer system.

Reactions: grubworm

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Interior Grab Bars (Wild Boar from Amazon) to use instead of the flimsy fabric/parachord ones. They look more OEM and are solid.

I would have said the AEV 2" Spacer Lift but it's only made me want to get a 2.5" lift now. Same with the 34" BFG KO2s. Now I want 35" KO2s.

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

Interior Grab Bars (Wild Boar from Amazon) to use instead of the flimsy fabric/parachord ones. They look more OEM and are solid.

I would have said the AEV 2" Spacer Lift but it's only made me want to get a 2.5" lift now. Same with the 34" BFG KO2s. Now I want 35" KO2s.
I went from 35 general grabber X3s down to 33/10.50r15 K02s. I absolutely love the K02 tire.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Thinking on this for a few days. Was going to put suspension, fridge....None of them were "favorite". They were all what I called "part of a build".
Then I realized I had one that to me was exciting to build. Converted my headlights over to HID projectors. I had to learn how to remove the headlight lens, cut out the sockets for the bulbs, graft in the projector's and reattach the lens. Lot's of U-Tube and about two weeks.
Now I have Morimoto projectors, LED rings around the lights that act as DRL's then flash orange with turn signals and programmable Demon Eye's.
Yeah, that would be my favorite mod.

• Wow

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

Thinking on this for a few days. Was going to put suspension, fridge....None of them were "favorite". They were all what I called "part of a build".
Then I realized I had one that to me was exciting to build. Converted my headlights over to HID projectors. I had to learn how to remove the headlight lens, cut out the sockets for the bulbs, graft in the projector's and reattach the lens. Lot's of U-Tube and about two weeks.
Now I have Morimoto projectors, LED rings around the lights that act as DRL's then flash orange with turn signals and programmable Demon Eye's.
Yeah, that would be my favorite mod.
Now that is a cool mod. I can see why it would be your favorite.

Ralph

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Szczecin, Westpomerania (PL)
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Batkowski
Member #

My favorite mod was Westafalia-like RTT integrated with my High-roof Nissan Patrol Y60. Can't believe how much time I've wasted before setting bed with previous "triange" style RTT.....