• HTML tutorial

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

I'm building an E-van for family adventure and it is a build I've wanted to do for some time, but it isn't my dream rig. It is the best rig I can build for my budget. There is a dream rig, as impractical as it would be, if money wasn't a consideration.

My dream rig would be a fully built 4-door Unimog expedition class camper with rear lift that held a dual sport bike. Complete communications suite...oh the list is extensive.

What is your dream rig?

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I'll have to think about this, it might be a toss up between a Unimog and an Earth Roamer.

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

I'll have to think about this, it might be a toss up between a Unimog and an Earth Roamer.
I think the Earthroamer would have better road manners but the Unimog would drive through more stupidity before getting stuck. Except that would end in an epic stuck.

Reactions: toxicity_27

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I don't think I have a dream vehicle. There are so many choices for so many types of driving. I like to Daily Drive my projects so I think a Ford Excursion or F250 diesel would be perfect cadillacs for daily driving. I like older Broncos, Wranglers and Land Cruisers. They make great Projects. Some of the Suburbans and Tahoes really appeal to me too but I'm not a fan of General Motors as a Company so I'd never buy a new GM vehicle. OLD GM is the exception.

I also really like the Toyota FJ's. If I had to pick a project vehicle that was just for sporting around town and the trail, I'd probably buy one of those purely on Ugly utilitarianism and the Aftermarket availability. It couldn't be a DD though because of power and low Towing. ..which is the crux of most of the SUV's I like.

I drove a 2000 Honda CRV for 310,000 miles before I ever knew Overlanding was a thing. I loved that little monster.

Reactions: Laughing Otter

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'd love to just have my Jeep finished like I want it. Not enough money for that. But I guess if it were a true expedition rig, I'd probably go Unimog as well. That would be assuming I was traversing the planet. Otherwise, for what I do, so far my Jeep is suitable.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I don't think I have a dream vehicle. There are so many choices for so many types of driving. I like to Daily Drive my projects so I think a Ford Excursion or F250 diesel would be perfect cadillacs for daily driving. I like older Broncos, Wranglers and Land Cruisers. They make great Projects. Some of the Suburbans and Tahoes really appeal to me too but I'm not a fan of General Motors as a Company so I'd never buy a new GM vehicle. OLD GM is the exception.

I also really like the Toyota FJ's. If I had to pick a project vehicle that was just for sporting around town and the trail, I'd probably buy one of those purely on Ugly utilitarianism and the Aftermarket availability. It couldn't be a DD though because of power and low Towing. ..which is the crux of most of the SUV's I like.

I drove a 2000 Honda CRV for 310,000 miles before I ever knew Overlanding was a thing. I loved that little monster.
The new FJ's or the old ones? The new ones have tiny windows and too many blind spots...otherwise a well built rig....

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

The new one, although I'd give up my mother in law for an Fj40. :0)P

tienckb

Rank 0

Contributor I

70 series diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Dream rig? That would be the Beast in 5-10 years when it's complete.
Until then we are investing in family adventures via the 4Runner.
The Beast is a family member now and will be left to our kid years from now. She better not sell it or I'll come back to haunt her ;)

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Honestly? I think I have it already... Maybe with a HiLux Diesel conversion somewhere down the road, but otherwise I'm super happy with my overlander.

Reactions: WUzombies

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

4745.jpg

Wouldn't trade my Bronco for the world. Love this thing.

I love my superduty too... its epic. But it is too new to be getting too rough with it. and honestly its a bit big for good wheeling, same issue i had with a power wagon. I need that thing to last a long time $$$

"DREAM" rig... hmmm i think ive got it in the bronco honestly.... when its done i will be on cloud 9

Reactions: Wolvee

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

View attachment 1164

Wouldn't trade my Bronco for the world. Love this thing.

I love my superduty too... its epic. But it is too new to be getting too rough with it. and honestly its a bit big for good wheeling, same issue i had with a power wagon. I need that thing to last a long time $$$

"DREAM" rig... hmmm i think ive got it in the bronco honestly.... when its done i will be on cloud 9

ok a man has a limit.... this would be awesome.... parts availability would be a killer... but still!!!029.jpg

and then this one shows up!!! Early Broncos are so cool..... 029.jpg b43e915d97b142d784860cf2b0ccb074.jpg

i would looooove to drop a coyote/6r100/atlas tcase in that bad boy and hit the road.....

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

If gas isn't a problem, I've always wanted a Humvee.
ah my old steed.

Love the AM General HMMWV [emoji631]

I beautiful piece of equipment

Suspension travel was a joke.... but other than that... EPIC Rigs.

Id like a HMMWV Ambulance if i was gonna do it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: murps

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

This could be nice! Or really, any of the Action Mobil models. I especially like the Atacama 7200 model.

But more realistically, I've always had a hankering for a Land Rover Series (probably III) or Defender 110 or 130. Probably from watching too many episodes of Dakar and Tarzan and Jungle Jim movies as a kid.

Reactions: murps and WUzombies