What is your dream rig?

• HTML tutorial

rooster_sauce

Rank III

Advocate II

That it is!

Why not in the usa :-( the xterra isnt bad though

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The Xterra is awesome, too. I really liked the older ones, 03 or 04; I can't remember. They just seemed to blow up in size and I liked them more when they were smaller. I guess? I'd have to fact check that but I'd drive it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: IronPercheron

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

The Xterra is awesome, too. I really liked the older ones, 03 or 04; I can't remember. They just seemed to blow up in size and I liked them more when they were smaller.
Weird when you think about it.

The first Pathfinders were built on the small truck frames. Then they went unibody and kept getting bigger until they are huge now, and soft looking. The Xterra started small too, and kept getting bigger.

I guess they figure the brand/model loyalist will continue to get older and fatter...............

rooster_sauce

Rank III

Advocate II

Weird when you think about it.

The first Pathfinders were built on the small truck frames. Then they went unibody and kept getting bigger until they are huge now, and soft looking. The Xterra started small too, and kept getting bigger.

I guess they figure the brand/model loyalist will continue to get older and fatter...............
Ha! Yeah, maybe. Everyone wants bigger I guess. The jeep XJ for instance. I think that was deemed a mid size suv; nowadays I'm dwarfed compared to what a mid size suv is today.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

Ha! Yeah, maybe. Everyone wants bigger I guess. The jeep XJ for instance. I think that was deemed a mid size suv; nowadays I'm dwarfed compared to what a mid size suv is today.

A great example is the wrangler its self. Look at the original CJ, compare it to a JK. It's insane how much bigger it has gotten.

Reactions: rooster_sauce

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

As awesome as that sounds I wouldn't even know if it was possible. Definitely not financially for me, lol. But....one could dream. I'd still like to have a patrol, I mean...

It's just so cool looking.

I saw a bunch of built Patrols in New Zealand, I didn't even know they existed until then. Really cool. Didn't @administrator drive one on his last trip down under?

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

A black mid 90's Ford crewcab longbed dually with all-terrains, stock size wheels, a canopy, a front and rear 16000 lbs winch, aux. fuelcapacity, a mild lift a few interior changes, a bullbar with lots of high quality LED lights and a massive stereo.

On a much more realistic note, a WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.1 td like my parents had with spare fuel and everything else needed for a 4-6 week roadtrip through Europe.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

I can be quite specific about my dream rig.. It is for sale now :P.. and I'm hoping it will be for sale for a few weeks so I can go and at least test drive it.

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

What's not to love about a chassis barely bigger than a Jeep Wrangler with 3 times the interior volume, portal axles, and 3 mechanical shift-on-the-fly locking diffs?

I love the C303, but I worry about finding parts. It also isn't quick from what I understand and wearing ear-protection is a must.

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

What's not to love about a chassis barely bigger than a Jeep Wrangler with 3 times the interior volume, portal axles, and 3 mechanical shift-on-the-fly locking diffs?

I love the C303, but I worry about finding parts. It also isn't quick from what I understand and wearing ear-protection is a must.
LS SWAP!!! haha…kidding.

I have no concern about speed, I just want to cruise and look at stuff anyway. BUT, since we're talking about DREAM rigs here, I assume that I will take posession of a rig that is fully reliable with plenty of upgraded and replaceable parts :) lol

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Well, for the ultimate in exploring, and if cost truly was no concern, mine would looks something like this. :)

Reactions: 1derer