Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Square body suburban on 1 tons, double transfer cases, locked front and rear, hydro assist steering, 35s, and a 4 cylinder industrial diesel. I would love to run a Detroit 2 stroke because I think they are cool, more realistically though a 4bt Cummins because lots of delivery trucks ran Cummins b series engines and GM automatic transmissions so adapters are out there.

GordyP

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Pomp
I have dreams of driving my 78 LS Scout around north and south America and then sailing a catamaran to Europe while my scout gets shipped over and then driving it around over there. After that I would sail down to Australia while the scout is shipped there eventually working my way around the globe. A guy can dream right?

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

My current truck will become my dream build, when it gets done will depend on how concentrated I am on it and how much I avoid my other hobbies LOL

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Mine would 100% be a PowerWagon / Prospector XL AEV Build towing a lifted Casita because, living in Texas, AC and a shower are a must during the summer months.
prospector-xl-4.jpg
5d9f388a645d486eae76b0a0.jpg

That or another 2012 Boss 302 like my old one with a RTT, a couple hidden rally lights behind the grill, and a 1 or 2" lift, enough to fit a couple BGF KO2s underneath.
Boss 1.jpg

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

The only issue I see is charging. Solar hasn't caught up to where it is going to charge enough to add range, it can definitely net out daily living-power, but if you run out of juice someplace shady you might be waiting a week to get out of there.
Agreed, we would have to change our needs and minimize the battery drain. Think an articulated solar roof and a GVWR under 2K#. Add shocks like Audi has developed which use electric resistance and generate electricity and generate power. Apply that to every possible energy loss in todays vehicles. If it generates heat, we need to capture that energy. How do we capture aerodynamic drag to generate electricity. The goal is self sufficiency for a year.

Is it possible, of course. Who would have thought a smart phone could replace so many needs and be so compact or energy efficient. The difference is the cell/smart phone/tv grew in an unrestricted market. The difference is a lot of status quo industries will evaporate if electric vehicles take off. No different than what happened to horses 100 years ago except the fossil fuel industry is highly invested in our political machine.