What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Last purchase was an external mic for a UHF that I finally got a round to installing after sitting in the garage for 6 months.

Next purchase will likely be a radiator :( or if we are talking mods I really like the look of the Alu-Cab 270 awning, the old 2.5mx2.5m just isn't cutting the mustard. It's hard to justify the $$ for a bit of shade though!

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

A little irritated.. The vendor for my arq 270 degree awning said it was supposed to ship last Friday and I was hoping to get it before the Mojave trip.. But since I leave Thursday and have yet to get a tracking number I'm going to assume I wont be getting it in time. Bummer

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Zargon

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Ordered the Large Steel Mesh Platform Roof Rack (RPBL) from Rhino-Rack. 62" L x 47" W. I use my Jeep for work in city areas; have to keep roof height to a minimum. Can't get any flatter than this rack. Good quality too.

Next: 240 amp high output alternator for the F450; old, stock one getting tired. And, extended rear sway bar links for the Jeep.

Slow going, building 2 rigs at once, but the season is here/nearing. Gotta push. [emoji41]

Last edited:

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Been on a spending spree of late.... new Overland Bound edition Skottle arrived this week just in time for a camp trip on the Deschutes with customers and friends... and hopefully my Off Grid Engineering Dual Battery system will arrive in time as well. I want to keep the new Engel refrigerator/freezer powered up, which means I'll need two new batteries this week. I've decided on a pair of Odyssey 35 unless someone can convince me otherwise.... and I won't even get into the new camera and fly fishing gear.

Next purchase is an ARB compressor and mounting hardware for the engine bay...and tires. KO2s. As soon as I can wear out this set of KOs. I guess I just have to do more trips....

I can live with that.

Attom

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Middle Tennessee
Member #

Recently bought my lx470... so far have been focusing on parts to get it back in good condition: tires, accumulators and axle to start with. Seat repair, seat covers and floor mats are on the short list, followed by parts to build a gear/camping trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Last purchase was a Freespirit Recreation RTT XL with canopy and it arrived yesterday! My first RTT after a year of research, saving and deciding. Great customer service during the purchase and arrived with free shipping in less than a week. Mounted it last night on my Pioneer platform and it couldn't have been a better fit. But this thing is HUGE which is what I wanted for a family of 4. Next purchase still undecided but I've been waiting for my ARQ 20 awning for a month. But tracking just provided and should arrive in 5 days.

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Last purchase was 2 front runner cub packs. Next purchase is new front and rear gearing....which is going to sting a little more than those cub packs.
Gearing is always a tough one to choke down, but very often a necessity. Would be easier if you could show them off to your overland peeps. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitchapalooza

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

My last purchase was my Frontrunner roof rack and a hand full of accessories for it.
View attachment 19152
My next purchase is a custom rear bumper with swing out for my spare tire, Jerry can holders and maybe my highlift.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I wish i could find a tire swing bumper for my truck but i cant, maybe need to see if a 2nd gen 4runner part would work. Till then the tires on the roof. My neighbor wants to buy our old tires so we will be getting a full size spare soon.

Reactions: WrightRunner

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Well besides fuel I was forced to purchase a coleman 60qt cooler and 50 lbs of ice... Since my arb fridge took a dive the day before the start of the Mojave road trip. Not really happy about that and I don't have the money to replace it currently.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I wish i could find a tire swing bumper for my truck but i cant, maybe need to see if a 2nd gen 4runner part would work. Till then the tires on the roof. My neighbor wants to buy our old tires so we will be getting a full size spare soon.
Try Pelfrybuilt or Demello off road

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app