• HTML tutorial

What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Just got my ticket and put ham,frs and gmrs in the rig. Seems like ham on the road is very quiet. Any thoughts? 2 meter and 70cm are the channels monitored.
Kinda depends on the area, and if you're doing simplex vs hitting repeaters. I have more luck on local repeaters. The only time I hear anything over Simplex is when I convoy with a friend or two. Though I've stopped monitoring simplex frequencies day to day anymore.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Boring stuff:

1. The intermittent wiper function on my 96 Ram 1500 4x4 is acting wonky, so I ordered a replacement lever from Rock Auto. Should be an easy swap-out.

2. The HVAC system in my TJ isn't wanting to blow air all the time on the dash vents, so I ordered a replacement lever thingy (a common early Jeep TJ issue). The actual part is cheap; but replacing it will be a bit of a PIA as it is under the dash on the firewall.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Building a new rig, getting all the radios!

ICOM IC-2730A HAM radio (studying now for the test)
Midland MXT 275VP4 GMRS radio. Price for the FCC License drops from $70 to $35 on 4/19/22.
President Bill CB Radio.
I have that Icom in both of my rigs. If you haven’t sprung for the extension cables, you can do those for much cheaper by use straight thru, not crossover, 6 and 8 conductor data cables to place the radio, faceplate, and microphone wherever you want to.

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Last big thing I bought was the OVS Nomadic LT 270 awning for the trailer.

Just ordered some little niceties for the trailer today; mixing bowls, magnetic paper towel dispenser, cutting board.

About to buy a 13 gal water tank and hook up an on demand pump (that I already have)

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 3.21.22 PM.png

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Last big thing I bought was the OVS Nomadic LT 270 awning for the trailer.

Just ordered some little niceties for the trailer today; mixing bowls, magnetic paper towel dispenser, cutting board.

Do you have a link to that tank? It’s looks nice & slim and would work get in my van.
About to buy a 13 gal water tank and hook up an on demand pump (that I already have)

View attachment 227985

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I almost didn't see your response, it was hidden in my text.
Yes, here it is.
I put it in my cart last night but did not pull the trigger. Today they put up a code for 25% of anything camping related, camp25 incase they don't give it to you. It took the total down from the sale price of $129 yesterday to $111 today, normal price is $149. They got me! Just ordered it.

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

I almost didn't see your response, it was hidden in my text.
Yes, here it is.
I put it in my cart last night but did not pull the trigger. Today they put up a code for 25% of anything camping related, camp25 incase they don't give it to you. It took the total down from the sale price of $129 yesterday to $111 today, normal price is $149. They got me! Just ordered it.
Awesome thanks a bunch

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

If you want to feal realy left-out, try building a 2nd generation Explorer.
Aren't they based on the ranger suspension?
Pretty much, with some slight differences. Like getting a front winch bumper. The ranger one would require modding the grill area to fit the explorer. I've basically had to fab or have everything custom built.
..but that's the reason I did it. Much more fun if you like to tinker rather than bolt on. :)