What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Our last purchase was a 24 gallon auxiliary fuel tank from Long Range America. Our next purchase will be a reduction gear set for our transfer case. That’ll give us a 3.3:1 creeper gear and a 10% top gear reduction, the equivalent of having 4:56 diff gears. I’m looking forward to getting back to stock performance on the street for dragging our trailer and for the trail, down to rubicon like low range.
I also have the LRA tank for my 4Runner and I love it, I changed to 4:88 nitro gears. Just picked up my Goose Gear seat delete yesterday.

Reactions: Shahn and MOAK

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

The last thing I bought was a GOBI Ranger roof rack unfortunately I’m going to have to wait 16 to 20 weeks for delivery but I hear it is worth it
Good luck with that. My daughter ordered some accessories that were delivered in like 20 weeks. She was told 15 when she ordered.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I have bad luck with batteries. I can get 2, maybe 2.5 years on one, but never 3 with the exception of the original Ac/Delco OEM set. Batteries, at least those considered standard and not specialized (read $$$) are what I buy as that 2 year age limitations come into play. Tried the red top's on a 6 cylinder truck, and for the premium price, they were a disappointment.

HULKMAN Alpha85S Jump Starter 2000
This is what I ordered, as reviews said it worked on larger diesel truck engines, including the older Ford 7.2 size. My 6.6 Duramax should be able to be started with it. GM does not use a isolator, so you do not know you have a problem until you go to start it and hear the dreaded 'click-click; . This product will get me where I need to go, until I can fix it, or when out in the boonies, get rolling if I am not in a group, where I can rely on another for a jump.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I bought a second rotopack for fuel. Running 7.5 gallons now as I'm planning to go down and help clean up tornado damage in a few weeks. Also I'm finally making headway on the RLD Cap savings. About half way there. Hope to order it in about 2 months.

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Element E50 Fire Extinguisher to keep me and my best friend safe! RotopaX containers to mount to the rear ladder next!
How do you like that Rago console unit? Do you feel it blocks any of the controls or encroaches on any passenger space?
I have one for my Tacoma and really like it. It’s much more secure than the dash mount. Yeah it can be a bit more cumbersome to get to something’s, but it’s not bad and the pros outweigh the cons imo.media.jpgmedia.jpg

LockedRunner

Rank IV

Advocate I

Concord, CA 94521, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lauterbach
Member #

Element E50 Fire Extinguisher to keep me and my best friend safe! RotopaX containers to mount to the rear ladder next!
How do you like that Rago console unit? Do you feel it blocks any of the controls or encroaches on any passenger space?
I have one for my Tacoma and really like it. It’s much more secure than the dash mount. Yeah it can be a bit more cumbersome to get to something’s, but it’s not bad and the pros outweigh the cons imo.View attachment 218828View attachment 218832
Awesome setup! Looks great.

LockedRunner

Rank IV

Advocate I

Concord, CA 94521, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lauterbach
Member #

Like Sjo527 said, it can make getting to some of the controls a bit cumbersome (the USB plug primarily), but the options for mounting to it are endless and it’s solid in my opinion.

LockedRunner

Rank IV

Advocate I

Concord, CA 94521, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lauterbach
Member #

Awesome setup! Looks great.
Thanks! Ideally when I upgrade the iPad pro I'll downsize it to the smaller model. The ~13" is a bit much haha.
Yea, I have the larger RAM mount for the iPad on the right side as well. It is large and I’m looking for something smaller as well. Honestly I end up grabbing for the phone instead most of the time, but it’s nice to have the larger screen for maps.