What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

I got an Auxbeam 32" light bar and Caliraised flush bumper mounting brackets for my 4th gen 4Runner. Hope to get them installed this weekend.
What year is your 4th gen? I had an ‘04. I miss it to be honest.
2007 limited Salsa Red V8. I really like it.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I got an Auxbeam 32" light bar and Caliraised flush bumper mounting brackets for my 4th gen 4Runner. Hope to get them installed this weekend.
What year is your 4th gen? I had an ‘04. I miss it to be honest.
2007 limited Salsa Red V8. I really like it.
Very nice. I wish I went with the V8. Had a chance to get one. Probably would have still had it if that were the case.

Reactions: Shahn

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Transmission skid. Up next, transfer case! Thinking about pulling the trigger on a fridge as well. Any recommendations?
Dometic and ARB are good, but are overpriced to some. There are fridges out there that have the same components and work just as good for a fraction of the price. I myself have an ARB but I got a deal on it. Plus I plan to have a whole vehicle controller that comes from ARB so it works out for me.

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
I bought an 08 JKUR to get out and explore with.

I was half way home (62 miles) when a connecting rod escaped through the side of the block.

I'm waiting on my new long block and assorted pieces to get here so I can put the new engine in. I did get some new tires and wheels for it while it's resting on the trailer waiting for a heart transplant.

radebaugh03

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Wenatchee, WA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Radebaugh
Member #

On order is a narrow roof basket to clamp on to the cross rails. It will hold some stuff I otherwise carry in the adventure trailer. When headed on fish trips I need small kayak boat trailer so Jeep needs more cargo capacity. 2 camp chairs, and a Gazelle tent should fit nicely and then there is still space along side to hold a longer item.
Cheers!

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I bought an 08 JKUR to get out and explore with.

I was half way home (62 miles) when a connecting rod escaped through the side of the block.

I'm waiting on my new long block and assorted pieces to get here so I can put the new engine in. I did get some new tires and wheels for it while it's resting on the trailer waiting for a heart transplant.
Ah man that sucks. Hope your new block comes soon!

Reactions: Shahn and 64Trvlr

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Ordered/paid for a Goose Gear 100% rear seat delete platform on Nov.6 still waiting. Received a Red Arc remote touring charger kit waiting to install my Dometic fridge and run a lithium battery to power the fridge. I installed a 6ga. battery cable from my secondary battery under the hood. Should be adequate, wondering if I should mount a permanent solar panel on the roof rack for juice while on the road.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Transmission skid. Up next, transfer case! Thinking about pulling the trigger on a fridge as well. Any recommendations?
I like my Iceco VL45.

There is a thread in the General Discussions, Kitchen section for fridge/freezers if you want to check that out. You might get more info there.
I was going to add a link to it, but not sure if it can be done in the app.

Reactions: Shahn

YotaRunner

Rank 0

Contributor II

Boerne, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Lastname
Service Branch
USAF
So, we all probably have a huge list of upgrades and things we want to buy..
So what is the last thing you bought, and what is next on the list?

Last things I bought that where on the list are a pack of zip ties and some good working gloves :P

Next thing, besides actually getting a Landcruiser is going to be some locking nuts for the spare tire and a spare lamp kit ;)

welp I'm new here so .... My 4Runner haha

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I have bad luck with batteries. I can get 2, maybe 2.5 years on one, but never 3 with the exception of the original Ac/Delco OEM set. Batteries, at least those considered standard and not specialized (read $$$) are what I buy as that 2 year age limitations come into play. Tried the red top's on a 6 cylinder truck, and for the premium price, they were a disappointment.

HULKMAN Alpha85S Jump Starter 2000
This is what I ordered, as reviews said it worked on larger diesel truck engines, including the older Ford 7.2 size. My 6.6 Duramax should be able to be started with it. GM does not use a isolator, so you do not know you have a problem until you go to start it and hear the dreaded 'click-click; . This product will get me where I need to go, until I can fix it, or when out in the boonies, get rolling if I am not in a group, where I can rely on another for a jump.

Attachments

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Ordered a new CB handheld radio. Then I have CB and HAM radio each a mobile device permanently installed in the vehicle and each a handheld radio. Perfect for me. Was always looking for a CB handheld, which is not very big like most that are on the market here. With the TTI TCB H100 CB handheld I have now found a comparatively compact device. I will post a short review here in the Comms subforum when I have had it in use a bit.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Our last purchase was a 24 gallon auxiliary fuel tank from Long Range America. Our next purchase will be a reduction gear set for our transfer case. That’ll give us a 3.3:1 creeper gear and a 10% top gear reduction, the equivalent of having 4:56 diff gears. I’m looking forward to getting back to stock performance on the street for dragging our trailer and for the trail, down to rubicon like low range.

Last edited: