What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

TNoutdoors

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Tennessee, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
ODell
Member #

Just ordered a diesel heater for the rtt. Been racking the brain on how to heat the sleeping area with heat that won’t deplete a battery overnight or cause condensation. Hopefully this will do it. My Son got one last year for his camp trailer and raves about it. My truck is a diesel, so I carry extra fuel already. It makes sense. At $120, it’s potentially a cheaper way to extend the camp season... It comes in next week.
Which heater do you purchase? Been thinking about getting one.

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Bought a new exped sleeping pad for me (cheapo from Amazon ruptured on the last trip. And bought a 0 degree for the wife so she can join me in the cold temps again.
Excellent choice! I’ve been using an ExPed Downmat UL Winter for the last few years when tent camping and backpacking. Quality mats, if a bit pricey, that hold up if you treat them well.

Reactions: Shahn

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

After having one fall out again I’m getting Air bag delete , ome rear 2” lift progressive springs and front 2” spacers for now till I can get money set aside for coilovers . Then it’s on to tires

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
the last kiddo is out of the house and in college, so the wife got a dog...
now my "last thing to buy" is an apparently endless list of items to support a canine while traveling and camping.
lose a kid and gain a dog...both want to eat all the time, neither can mow a yard or take out the trash, and neither one listens to me. not sure what the objective was...

Attachments

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Last things I've purchased for adventuring are two different kinds of portable water filters. One great, one not-so-great (see below, or more of a full review in the Wisdom From the River thread).

Great:
first-need-elite-XL_8449n-900.jpeg
First Need Elite XLE Water Purification System; not just great, but simply the best portable system I've seen or used with the best tasting and absolutely cleanest water.

I used both extensively on a five day canoe-camping river trip just recently in the Canadian/Maine boundary waters.

first-need-elite-XL_8069n-900n.jpeg

Not so great:
life-saver-bottle-filter_8455n-900n.jpeg
LifeStraw Universal water bottle filter adapter kit from Cabela's

More complete review on the Wisdom From the River thread

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Last things I've purchased for adventuring are two different kinds of portable water filters. One great, one not-so-great (see below, or more of a full review in the Wisdom From the River thread).

Great:
View attachment 211236
First Need Elite XLE Water Purification System; not just great, but simply the best portable system I've seen or used with the best tasting and absolutely cleanest water.

I used both extensively on a five day canoe-camping river trip just recently in the Canadian/Maine boundary waters.

View attachment 211244

Not so great:
View attachment 211240
LifeStraw Universal water bottle filter adapter kit from Cabela's

More complete review on the Wisdom From the River thread

I love my platypus gravity feed water filter set up it’s nice just to fill a bag and hang it and let it do it’s thing

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
now my "last thing to buy" is an apparently endless list of items to support a canine while traveling and camping.
lose a kid and gain a dog...both want to eat all the time, neither can mow a yard or take out the trash, and neither one listens to me. not sure what the objective was...
Try having both at the same time....and throw in a cat who thinks he runs the house. :screamcat:

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Try having both at the same time....and throw in a cat who thinks he runs the house. :screamcat:
Yeah, two teens, two cats, and a dog here. . . I still give 'em all hell about cleaning up after themselves, not sneaking out at every chance, staying off the counters (I'll leave it up to you to decide who gets on the counters), and overall having respect that others use the same common spaces.

It's maddening at times.

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Got a nice new Blue Sea 12 circuit sub panel for adding the same style solar and deep cycle system to my van as I've had in my trailer for years. Can be used for 24hr circuits, if need be.

Pays to keep an eye on prices, as this dropped in price by almost ten bucks so I grabbed one, and has already gone back up by four bucks overnight, though still lower than they usually have it and definitely lower than other places like the big box stores or West Marine (which I've found, at least here on the Maine coast, often has the best price on items I'm after).

bluesea-12.jpg

Sometimes I think they do that because I have it in my cart "save for later" for ages without purchasing. If enough have it in their cart or wish list, the algorithms nudge the price around to tempt folks. When it drops sufficiently, I'll grab whatever. Saw the price on a nice warm-weather shirt I'd been eyeing drop by half once, so snapped it up.

Now I wish they'd do that with some of the heavy duty crimping tools I'd like to have.