What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Western

Rank V

Member II

Johns Creek, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Bowman
Member #

Last thing was my Flatout GR LITE 2” Lift Coilovers. Next will either be the LP Adventure Premium Bumper Guard and skid plate or a 89L ROAM Adventure CO Box w/organizer.

Reactions: RoarinRow

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
bought some new radios... @Mrprotaganist let me borrow one of his a couple weeks ago and i figured it would be good to have some of my own. i didn't realize CB radio was dead so I went with GMRS and then had to get a FCC license to use them. i'd kinda like to start an underground subversive broadcasting station in my attic now...:grinning:

1615587872157.png

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Needed something quick and easy for those times when you show up on site way after dark or when it's a weekend trip and the Kodiak is just too much. $75 from Walmart, delivered.

Attachments

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I just bought everything for on-board air last, ARB Compressor, Pressure Control Module, Air Up kit & Vehicle Mount. Next up I'm kinda undecided.. I'm between a new Fridge (Dometic CFX3 75DZ) and an Awning room for my ARB Awning or Annex Room for my Tent and the Awning Room as well as a controller and ditch lights.
Pulled the trigger on the two annex rooms so far. Not sure about the controller as I try to avoid night drives on trails. Think I should invest in some sliders before I do any additional lighting.

OverDavidLand

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Vonderhaar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LNT
Purchased since the last trip out but not RIG specific.
  • Wheel Chocks
  • Propane Gauge
  • 30 Amp RV Cable
  • Jack Stands
  • Additional Ratch Straps
  • Industrial Strenght Bungie Tie-downs

RIG specific (still) waiting in line for these guys so you could argue not fully purchased yet and likely next:
  • OPUS-15 (deposit)
  • Nutzo - Rambox Expedition Rack
  • Octane Series Front Bumper

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Convincing the wife we need to loose the stock z71 wheels an get some new kmc wheels. Jk I don't need to convince her of anything she's just as down for having custom stuff as me.

What sparked my interest in switching was we went out to eat at pappa deux last weekend and we saw a ford raptor with some black rihno arsenal wheels and looked at one another and said we need those. While waiting for our food we looked for some that would fit our bolt pattern, unfortunately they don't make em in a 6x120 bolt pattern. So I started looking at other options as of right now these kmc are what I'm thinking about getting.

KMC_KM719_Canyon_SatinBlack_02.jpg

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Convincing the wife we need to loose the stock z71 wheels an get some new kmc wheels. Jk I don't need to convince her of anything she's just as down for having custom stuff as me.

What sparked my interest in switching was we went out to eat at pappa deux last weekend and we saw a ford raptor with some black rihno arsenal wheels and looked at one another and said we need those. While waiting for our food we looked for some that would fit our bolt pattern, unfortunately they don't make em in a 6x120 bolt pattern. So I started looking at other options as of right now these kmc are what I'm thinking about getting.

View attachment 191615
Ooooo I'm sold on those! Might need to see what fit's my Tacoma.

Jeremy M.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mascoutah, IL, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
I have had the Baja Designs Amber Fog Light kit, but the kit I had was early and not SAE. The cutoff didn't cut it and blinded other drivers so I switched to the SAE kit. So far I am very happy with the results. My brother-in-law converted the connector to a H11 so they plugged directly into the factory hareness. Thanks @reh8388
2019-03-02.jpeg

447714_l.jpg

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Just bought new spark plugs and spark plug wires for my 2014 GMC Sierra Z71, and installed them myself. It amazes me the sheer size of the hood of my truck, and yet how little space there is in the engine bay.

Next up:
- PowerStop Z36 truck n tow drilled and slotted brake rotors and pads
- Isolator relay and battery cables for second battery (for exterior camp lighting and comms)
- If funds permit, a set of 33 inch AT tires to fit my 7 spoke GM steel wheels

...and so on...

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Apparently, my "WIFE" is buying a winch for the H2 this past weekend with the heavy Ice storm we were out clearing trees in our driveway and public roads with me cutting them and her pulling them back with the H2. Out of the blue ...her words " why don't you have one of those pulling things on the front of the h2 like the land cruiser". I just said it is on the list but not a priority well she says that will be your Valentine's day present then. Guess she had fun
1) Your wife will drive a Hummer
2) Your wife will help you clear timber
3) Your wife is complicit in buying a winch (for Valentine's Day, no less.

What a keeper! You'll have to do more than just make her breakfast for Valentine's Day. $$$

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Just bought new spark plugs and spark plug wires for my 2014 GMC Sierra Z71, and installed them myself. It amazes me the sheer size of the hood of my truck, and yet how little space there is in the engine bay.

Next up:
- PowerStop Z36 truck n tow drilled and slotted brake rotors and pads
- Isolator relay and battery cables for second battery (for exterior camp lighting and comms)
- If funds permit, a set of 33 inch AT tires to fit my 7 spoke GM steel wheels

...and so on...
How about that number 8!

• Haha