What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
Last thing is the quick release brackets from Ironman 4x4 for my awning from the same company. I also just ordered a Klymit 0 degree sleeping bag. Next up is a buddy heater and hopefully a portable power source for our Iceco fridge.

Reactions: MaTacoma18

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
What a nice race car. Is it set up for road racing or circle track. I'm a big fan of all type of racing. I think building them is my biggest niche. All my racing experience is on dirt track and off road.
I'm too old now but that is where my heart is.
Thanks Jim, it was setup for regular race track racing. I prefer to go fast, then in circles lol. I have since sold my race car. Blew the engine twice and just called it a day and cut my losses.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

The most recent purchase was a set of led headlights for my Xj. Kind of a b-day gift to myself. Our stock headlights are nothing to write home about. Made sure they were Dot approved and that the low beam was the bulb type that can be dialed in so they won't blind on coming traffic.

Really looking forward to this year. We have a few overland style trips planned and of course the usual day trips. So trying to get some things dialed in, it will be here before you know it.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

View attachment 81981 just ordered a Rockpals 300watt portable battery generator.
How is your rockpal holding up? I can not find much in the way of review3s on this brand, only goal zero and jackery. The rockpals are on sale right now. Also, do you find that the 300 is sufficient? I run my frig off the jeep battery, so would really only be using it for lighting, phones, laptop type stuff. Thanks for any input. Joel

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
My wife did well for my birthday this week and loaded me up with several of my wishlist items for my outings:
1. Buddy Heater
2. Baldr 330 power station
3. Blueridge's attic net for my Jeep
4. Gpca Grip Pro handles for my Jeep
5. Nemo Stargaze chair

And she told me to get out of the house and go camping this weekend. No kids, just me, so time to relax, try out my gear and do a little exploring.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My wife did well for my birthday this week and loaded me up with several of my wishlist items for my outings:
1. Buddy Heater
2. Baldr 330 power station
3. Blueridge's attic net for my Jeep
4. Gpca Grip Pro handles for my Jeep
5. Nemo Stargaze chair

And she told me to get out of the house and go camping this weekend. No kids, just me, so time to relax, try out my gear and do a little exploring.
You'se a lucky man Brian. I had a wife like that. :-)

Reactions: outside.perception

DMS1

Rank III

Advocate I

San Dimas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Schmitz
I need to get a new satellite messenger having not renewed my spot. I am researching between the Garmin Inreach, Zoleo or the Garmin Montana 700i which has the Inreach built in. Maybe a new easy to setup tent as well.

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I need to get a new satellite messenger having not renewed my spot. I am researching between the Garmin Inreach, Zoleo or the Garmin Montana 700i which has the Inreach built in. Maybe a new easy to setup tent as well.
I have a Garmin Inreach Mini but that Montana 700i is really nice.

Reactions: DMS1

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Last thing I bought for the Jeep was Roam Adventure Co 52L and 105L storage cases. Also bought an antenna and mounting materials for my GMRS radio. now I just need it to warm up a little so I can get out to the car part and get the radio installed.

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

Last thing? Parts to make my DIY road shower for my next trip.

Next thing? I'm submitting my build request for an off road teardrop trailer this month. :grinning:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
When the power went out thus the wood pellet stove was out for 6 days it game an excuse to finally purchase a Battery Bank, sadly it did not have enough capacity to power my wood pellet stove I was hoping for.
That is when the little 900w, $99 harbor freight generator comes in handy. For less than $300 you can have a 3500w generator. Neither is fancy but they work for what they are meant for, emergencies. Because I live in a rural area, it is necessary for me to be prepared for outages which would also effect my water supply. I dont think living in the city is any guarantee of better utility services any longer. The utility companies are not investing in updates because of cooperate structures bleeding off too much money to put in the ceo's pockets. They dont care about you anymore. Rely on yourself for your own security sake !

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

Last thing I bought was extended swaybar links all around and extended bump stops to finish out the suspension. Next on the list is a Rigd ultra swing and accessories (can’t wait to get that!).

U

UgotWheelz

That is when the little 900w, $99 harbor freight generator comes in handy. For less than $300 you can have a 3500w generator. Neither is fancy but they work for what they are meant for, emergencies. Because I live in a rural area, it is necessary for me to be prepared for outages which would also effect my water supply. I dont think living in the city is any guarantee of better utility services any longer. The utility companies are not investing in updates because of cooperate structures bleeding off too much money to put in the ceo's pockets. They dont care about you anymore. Rely on yourself for your own security sake !
I don't really go to Harbor Freight usually the only way I find out what they have that is not going t break is through forum posts; so this is interesting. Sadly I wont be in the Family homestead next time we get enough snow to take out power. But I will have the BatteryBank solar generator for the car I will be overlanding in full time.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I don't really go to Harbor Freight usually the only way I find out what they have that is not going t break is through forum posts; so this is interesting. Sadly I wont be in the Family homestead next time we get enough snow to take out power. But I will have the BatteryBank solar generator for the car I will be overlanding in full time.
I agree that IF you overland full time the only way to go is solar combined with your auto and a battery bank of some sort. There is a big difference between living on the road and being stationary. To build a solar system for a home is a huge expense over a simple system for your traveling rig. I Guess it comes down to what you can afford, always the big decision for all of us who work for a living.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I just bought everything for on-board air last, ARB Compressor, Pressure Control Module, Air Up kit & Vehicle Mount. Next up I'm kinda undecided.. I'm between a new Fridge (Dometic CFX3 75DZ) and an Awning room for my ARB Awning or Annex Room for my Tent and the Awning Room as well as a controller and ditch lights.

Reactions: RoarinRow