What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
LOL Thanks for the reminder. Semi fortunate to be currently single. I can get away with too darn much these days!
Single is great too, so am I. That's why I get to go camping now. Before she died I had to check her into a motel while I was gone. Cant be spending from both ends of the checkbook though ! Happy Trails Partner
Rear bench seat to swap out for the standard jump seats in my '80 BJ42. Next is a roof rack.
That's an absolutely necessity if you don't have a camp trailer (IMHO) ! I just got mine and now I don't have to put all my gear in the rig.

Reactions: sabjku

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Wheel spacers too !

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ordered a swing out hitch tire carrier to keep my 35” spare tire. I originally bought a spare tire mount for my Yakima Mega Load Warrior rack but I couldn’t lift the spare tire on to the rack lol.
Do you have any info on the hitch type carrier ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I ordered the XL swing out version from here - Hitchgate™ Solo
Oh Wow, I had no idea of the cost. As nice as it is I am sure it is worth it if one "has it" to spend. I'll have to take that one off my wish list of wants and may build my own simple version. Thank you SIr

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Oh Wow, I had no idea of the cost. As nice as it is I am sure it is worth it if one "has it" to spend. I'll have to take that one off my wish list of wants and may build my own simple version. Thank you SIr
I agree, if you've got the skills, then it'd be worth while and more cost effective to make your own.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I agree, if you've got the skills, then it'd be worth while and more cost effective to make your own.
I don't do everything but I like to cut the parts out and tack them together and take them to a professional welder. The fab cost is where all the time is in making things. My eyes aren't what they use to be or I would weld it myself. I'm having to do the same thing with my off road bumpers when I can get back on my feet again. I'm down for the time being and itching to get back to my build.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I don't do everything but I like to cut the parts out and tack them together and take them to a professional welder. The fab cost is where all the time is in making things. My eyes aren't what they use to be or I would weld it myself. I'm having to do the same thing with my off road bumpers when I can get back on my feet again. I'm down for the time being and itching to get back to my build.
Good luck and hope you find the time and resources to get'er done.