What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Squirtle

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Utah, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Shaw
Member #

Just bought a bed liner because it’s a cheap fix for the rust holes in my arches. I need to buy metal so I can get some rock sliders built.

Reactions: roots66

NWoverlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DDY
Service Branch
First Responder Ret.
I just purchased an Artec Industries front bumper and lower control arm skids. Of course I couldn't install it without a winch so I added a 9500# Comeup winch and Factor 55 flatlink E. I really enjoy how everything blinds in like it could have been factory equipment.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I just purchased an Artec Industries front bumper and lower control arm skids. Of course I couldn't install it without a winch so I added a 9500# Comeup winch and Factor 55 flatlink E. I really enjoy how everything blinds in like it could have been factory equipment.
What kind of vehicle did you put it on.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just ordered a 2nd set of ORCISH Recovery Boards off E-Bay. The sale price was great, and on this 2nd pair I put in a bid instead, which was accepted for $65.00 with free shipping.
I've been looking at the same ones. For as few times I actually go somewhere I may get stuck (beach mostly), I can't justify the price of the Max. I'll never use them as a bridge or any other extreme situation, so as long as they hold up on in the sand, I'm fine.

• Haha
Reactions: Desert Runner

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Picked up a transmission mount to add to the pile of maintenance parts for the wifes Sierra while my JKU got an oil change and a new PCV valve.

Hoping the new front springs for the Sierra's coilovers get here this week...

We have 2. One old and one kinda recent. They work forever.
For a wedding gift my wife gave me one of the Coleman grill/stove units and its been very solid in the almost 10yrs we've had it. Its been on a lot of trips and camp outs! I'd like to have something with two burners but the one we have with a griddle works well enough and haven't seen a reason to get something else.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
High pressure side AC hose. It's only hot hot for about 2 months out of the year in Idaho, but we're in it now and no AC is terrible. One day I'll get done with the maintenance on the truck and built out some cool drawers or something.
Glad you got the a/c fixed and out of the way, it is needed in this heat. What kind of a rig do you have and what are your plans for the interior build. Will you be sleeping in it or using a tent or other means of shelter. Post us some pictures as you go along on your build.
Lanlubber

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Installed the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform and got in the FSR Adventure Series hardshell tent last week. Had to come up with a good way to mount it to the Platform since the mounting rails of the FSR just didn’t mate up well at all to the Platform.

Everything came out great, and I absolutely love this setup. It’s so much easier to set up. And I can’t even tell the rack and tent is up there. Super quiet!

View attachment 106190

View attachment 106191

View attachment 106192

View attachment 106193

View attachment 106194
Very nice, super clean. What's the accessory rack over the spare?

Reactions: sabjku

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Last things purchased:
2 - 1719 Plano boxes
1 - 1819 Plano heavy duty box
1 - Gazelle T4 hub tent
1 - Full set of PowerStop brakes
1 - Stanley French Press

Planned Purchases:
1 - X-Bull recovery board set
1 - Blue Ridge Overland Attic
1 - Rago Fab Window Panel set
Items to supplement my first aid kit
Plano boxes on sale right now Amazon prime day

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Very nice, super clean. What's the accessory rack over the spare?
Thanks @Tupenny ! It's the Smittybilt rack, with a Fuelpax/Rotopax mount I attached on the drivers side of the rack, and a Hi-Lift base that's also attached through one of the existing holes in the rack. It's perfect for hauling fire wood!

Enthusiast I

Eastern Idaho
First Name
James
Last Name
D
Glad you got the a/c fixed and out of the way, it is needed in this heat. What kind of a rig do you have and what are your plans for the interior build. Will you be sleeping in it or using a tent or other means of shelter. Post us some pictures as you go along on your build.
Lanlubber
It's a 2004 nissan frontier, crew cab with the 6ft bed. I've got a century shell on the back, but two people and a big dog make sleeping in there an exercise in claustrophobia. I may sleep in there when it's just me, but right now we just use the ground tent. I plan to build a set of side by side bed drawers where one can convert to a mountain bike slide for times I have my bike. I don't want to put a hitch mounted rack on because this truck is long enough already. I'll probably start a build thread when I get to building the drawers and some other more overland-y mods. Next step though is replacing the two front catalytic converters. That *should* be the last large maintenance/repair item before she's long road trip worthy.