What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just bought one 12 lb dog feeder and two 30 lb poultry feeders. Not really camping gear, but required if we want to go anywhere for longer than a couple days.

Manbeast

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Pennsylvania
Member #

Last things purchased:
2 - 1719 Plano boxes
1 - 1819 Plano heavy duty box
1 - Gazelle T4 hub tent
1 - Full set of PowerStop brakes
1 - Stanley French Press

Planned Purchases:
1 - X-Bull recovery board set
1 - Blue Ridge Overland Attic
1 - Rago Fab Window Panel set
Items to supplement my first aid kit
I have the Stanley French press as well just make sure that you depress the plunger slowly, if I go to fast with mine I get coffee ground blow by around the screen

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Just ordered a 2nd set of ORCISH Recovery Boards off E-Bay. The sale price was great, and on this 2nd pair I put in a bid instead, which was accepted for $65.00 with free shipping. So for a price of $134.90 (69.90+65.00), I will have 2 pair (4 total). That is only slightly more than most of the comparable offerings out there for 2 of them. 107354 As you can see, tethers and a bag are included.:grinning:

EDIT:
UPDATE.............2nd set arrived today...07/13/19, 2 days from order to the front door......NICE:grin::grin::grin::grin:.....surprising SAT delivery by Fed-Ex

Last edited:

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
Just ordered a 2nd set of ORCISH Recovery Boards off E-Bay. The sale price was great, and on this 2nd pair I put in a bid instead, which was accepted for $65.00 with free shipping. So for a price of $134.90 (69.90+65.00), I will have 2 pair (4 total). That is only slightly more than most of the comparable offerings out there for 2 of them. View attachment 107354 As you can see, tethers and a bag are included.:grinning:
Are there any actual user reports available? I read the user posts on the website, but those are always suspect however there was one saying they cracked and broke on first use and that the mfg sent a replacement as soon as they were notified. Go use 'em and let us know how well they hold up to big truck abuse.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Are there any actual user reports available? I read the user posts on the website, but those are always suspect however there was one saying they cracked and broke on first use and that the mfg sent a replacement as soon as they were notified. Go use 'em and let us know how well they hold up to big truck abuse.
I assume you read the same Amazon reviews, as I did, as you mentioned the first use fail on one board. They get as good a review(LTD) on Amazon, as the X-Bull's do, and one can only hope they will become more talked about as time goes on(copy of copies?). X-Bull has been out long enough for the public to reconize them and become a familar 'brand name'. The ORCISH price offering (sale) at this time means that if they fail, my investment cost will be limited. I have not at this time seen any direct outside reviews, except AMAZON at this time either. There are at least 5 different name companies offering identical boards right now. Same shape and design. Only the materials might be different? Since they are all made in China, one would have to assume the same factory?...different shifts?...different material compositions????

I have not been in a sticky situation in many years, so these purchases are for future need. My curiosity about their viability will have to wait till then. At my age, I will avoid taking them out for a DEMO. That will have to be satisfied if and when it becomes necessary. But yes, I have wondered that same thought. There are at least 2, or maybe 3 member posts on OB where they just got Recovery Boards and then within days had to use their new purchase. I think one member went right out to test them and then had to come back to recover his recovery boards the next day, and got stuck again.

Reactions: roots66

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Not bad for under 20 bucks. fired right up. Coleman 413G to go along with my 426C 3 burner.
I found one very similar at my local Army surplus store for $15...Habitat for Humanity outlets are also a good place to buy super cheap items.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Really good looking vehicle you have there.
Thank you! Love the Bronco as well. That's what I was originally looking for just so tough to find one in socal. Most of them are hammered and the ones that aren't are big $$$$.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Thank you! Love the Bronco as well. That's what I was originally looking for just so tough to find one in socal. Most of them are hammered and the ones that aren't are big $$$$.
You should have checked craigslist in Arizona. I find them all the time for under $2000 and rust free !