What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Turkish113

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Edmonton
First Name
JP
Last Name
Lacasse
Member #

Great question! Last things (there was so many) was a Rhino Rack for the Jeep, Teraflex Lift kit, Roto-Pax Mount + 2.5 Gal Fuel & 2 Gal Water container. NEXT purchase would be a solar panel solution for overlanding and be self reliant for my energy needs. Any recommendations is welcome as always! Cheers!

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
So, we all probably have a huge list of upgrades and things we want to buy..
So what is the last thing you bought, and what is next on the list?

Last things I bought that where on the list are a pack of zip ties and some good working gloves :P

Next thing, besides actually getting a Landcruiser is going to be some locking nuts for the spare tire and a spare lamp kit ;)
I'm just finishing up with my Bronco build and getting ready to put my trailer together. So today, I bought 1/4-20 x 1.5 SS bolts to mount the overhead console... and some Superglue to secure some lights in it. The penultimate thing I will buy will be a roof rack for the trailer followed by a 260 dg awning for it. I pretty have everything I need for the trailer build except for hardware.

HeathenOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Harper's Ferry, WV
First Name
James
Last Name
Haun
Member #

Will you install both front and rear @ some point ?
I want sliders too, but mine cost twice what your do for a jeep.
I'll have to wait awhile longer and stay away from the boulders and deep rutted paths.
I’m just deciding on whether I’ll build or swap my front axle before dumping a bunch of money into a front locker for it.

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Just purchased Metalcloak rocker rail in black powder coat finsih. Due to arrive on 6/18!
Next purchase will more than likely be the GAIA 5 year premium service. Then a fridge/freezer, power inverter, tent....lol. The list goes on and on an on.
Got the rocker rails installed today and bought a Rugged Ridge hi-lift hood mount and finally got the jack mounted!

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Last thing I bought was our Engel MT45 Platinum Fridge which I did a mini review here in case anyone is interest Engel MT45-Platinum Review - My Jeep Wrangler Project. I don't know how we went so long without a 12v fridge. It's really nice.
I do, you probably didn't have enough money if your like me. Needing and having is two different things ! Glad you got yours, it's a good brand I'm told.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Great question! Last things (there was so many) was a Rhino Rack for the Jeep, Teraflex Lift kit, Roto-Pax Mount + 2.5 Gal Fuel & 2 Gal Water container. NEXT purchase would be a solar panel solution for overlanding and be self reliant for my energy needs. Any recommendations is welcome as always! Cheers!
I think the starter set up is adequate for most people. Try looking at the Harbor Freight 100w solar kit. There are a couple of YouTube videos on it to research. The OB guys here have helped me a lot with info. I also have site to give you (and everyone else) where you can buy used solar panels (I just bought one) 250w panel for $60.00. Check it out..

Reactions: Turkish113

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I’m just deciding on whether I’ll build or swap my front axle before dumping a bunch of money into a front locker for it.
Unless you are going extreme You'll probably be okay with just a rear locker (in my opinion). That's all I will ever have and doing good to afford that since I cant do the work myself. My Land Rover Discovery will pretty well get me anywhere I want to go in stock form, but I don't do crazy things like some. Good luck and happy trails !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I'm just finishing up with my Bronco build and getting ready to put my trailer together. So today, I bought 1/4-20 x 1.5 SS bolts to mount the overhead console... and some Superglue to secure some lights in it. The penultimate thing I will buy will be a roof rack for the trailer followed by a 260 dg awning for it. I pretty have everything I need for the trailer build except for hardware.
Bronco, Yeaaaaaaaaaaa, I love um ! Had a goodun once upon a time. 1967 w/ 302 hi-po, 4:10 gears, 35" M/T. She loved those sand dunes in the desert or the snow in the mountains and the rivers she crossed happily...

Turkish113

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Edmonton
First Name
JP
Last Name
Lacasse
Member #

I think the starter set up is adequate for most people. Try looking at the Harbor Freight 100w solar kit. There are a couple of YouTube videos on it to research. The OB guys here have helped me a lot with info. I also have site to give you (and everyone else) where you can buy used solar panels (I just bought one) 250w panel for $60.00. Check it out..

Thanks brother! Much appreciated! I will look into it!

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

Been a busy few weeks of upgrades to the 4Runner. Some small and impulsive buys and some planned and budgeted bigger purchases. Here goes...

Smittybilt Clinometer
IMG_5581.JPG

20% window tint in the front 2 windows
IMG_5582.JPG

A Harbor Freight “Ooga” horn for fun
IMG_5583.JPG

Smittybilt 8’ Awning
IMG_5585.JPG

And (finally) some new rims... XD135 Grenade in Black/Bronze
IMG_5586.JPG

With some new shoes... BFG K02 285/70/r17
IMG_5588.JPG

Now I’ll need the Hitchgate Solo to carry the spare...
IMG_5589.JPG

Can’t wait for the next adventure next week to the Smoky Mountains of East Tenn and NC.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
My Orcish tracks arrived today. Ebay @ $72 shipped. They seem strong, are stackable with about an inch of gap, handle-grips, recovery rope and carrying bag

A fellow member turned me on to these and I'll thank you when I find youView attachment 105966View attachment 105967View attachment 105969View attachment 105970View attachment 105971
YUP, ordered mine, the ''beige',.....but received the olive green. The color was my alternate preference. They do seem very stout, and like i mentioned before, In another post, the tethers being included, were also a factor, after seeing the forklift abuse picture. The wheel size tells me that forklift was at/over the 10 ton weight that my truck is not far from, if geared and fueled up at.

Received mine about 4 business days after ordering them. Still tempted to order a 2nd set, even though i have not been in a situation where they would be needed yet. If you read the reviews on recovery boards in general, there are a few buyers who got stuck soon after they received theirs, and were grateful to have them available:grinning:

Now reading about mounting options, and leaning towards a quality home-built option, that has a good "NUT/ attachment", that will not be easily lost in the dirt when detaching them off a bolt set-up. Saw one on you-tube that looks promising. Also looking at the 'cone shape' commercial offering, that will tighten down
and hold firmly.

SOME THOUGHTS BELOW...................

EDIT:
We paid $69 for them on E-Bay, the same Orsich boards on Amazon, are $96.90 right now. So if your on the fence, time is short, as I expect them to be sold out soon. X-Bull, along with others, both somewhat and more generally expensive do not have the tethers or the bag until you get close to $100 plus price.

EDIT 2:
These look like the ARB Tred-Pros, as they don't have the closed tether slots, but have those separate knobs like the ARB ones. I have seen them in blk/orange, and the Lime green/blk as pictured. You decide what is a viable price to pay(129.99). I will say that these lime green ones have the Max-Trax type mounting slot,(14 mounting holes/4 mounting slots per board) where the ones I bought and Tupenny bought have the 'round hole' mounting holes (8) per board..106035

Last edited:

Manbeast

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Pennsylvania
Member #

Been a busy few weeks of upgrades to the 4Runner. Some small and impulsive buys and some planned and budgeted bigger purchases. Here goes...

Smittybilt Clinometer
View attachment 106003

20% window tint in the front 2 windows
View attachment 106004

A Harbor Freight “Ooga” horn for fun
View attachment 106005

Smittybilt 8’ Awning
View attachment 106007

And (finally) some new rims... XD135 Grenade in Black/Bronze
View attachment 106008

With some new shoes... BFG K02 285/70/r17
View attachment 106009

Now I’ll need the Hitchgate Solo to carry the spare...
View attachment 106010

Can’t wait for the next adventure next week to the Smoky Mountains of East Tenn and NC.
You're wish list looks a lot like mine, but you have definitely added some must have items, mainly the swing out tire carrier

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Installed the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform and got in the FSR Adventure Series hardshell tent last week. Had to come up with a good way to mount it to the Platform since the mounting rails of the FSR just didn’t mate up well at all to the Platform.

Everything came out great, and I absolutely love this setup. It’s so much easier to set up. And I can’t even tell the rack and tent is up there. Super quiet!

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Installed the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform and got in the FSR Adventure Series hardshell tent last week. Had to come up with a good way to mount it to the Platform since the mounting rails of the FSR just didn’t mate up well at all to the Platform.

Everything came out great, and I absolutely love this setup. It’s so much easier to set up. And I can’t even tell the rack and tent is up there. Super quiet!

View attachment 106190

View attachment 106191

View attachment 106192

View attachment 106193

View attachment 106194
Wow nice setup!

Reactions: sabjku

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Looking sweet @sabjku !!

Reactions: sabjku

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #