What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

CJ545

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

New York
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Potter
Member #

Last purchase was a short awning for over the tailgate area of the jeep. I keep eye balling the dometic 75 series fridge, dreaming of this bad boy.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Replaced the original battery which died yesterday. IMAG0805.jpeg

RamblingRanger

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
David
Last Name
T
Member #

Installed a Wulf 3” lift set to 2.5” and a new set of 285/75/16 Patagonia mud terrains. I heard the Patagonias ran quiet on the pavement and to my surprise they do.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

RamblingRanger

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
David
Last Name
T
Member #

Really good stance and proportions.

Let us know how they work out. I'm all for quiet as long as they do the job.
I tested them out on Peters Mill Run which is about 100 miles from where I live. They rode nice on the interstate and didn’t skip a beat on the trail. It will be interesting to see how many miles I get out of them.

Reactions: sabjku

mtncrow

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Martinez, California, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Perry
Member #

I like it. It has more room inside than my scamp trailer that I cant take just anywhere. I'm working to have two different set ups and two different rigs. My Ford Escape and my 13 foot scamp is one (the Escape is all wheel drive and about as low as the Scamp) that's for moderate off road travels. The second is My Land Rover Discover 2 that is higher, more aggressive tires, has all wheel drive plus low range transfer case, and can travel trails anywhere confidently. That is when I want a tent. I first started with the idea of sleeping in that rig but decided it would be to crowded with the kitchen taking up so much needed space. Id love to have a tent set up like your but I am only one person and don't need that much space. I think the G5 Gazelle will meet all of my requirements because it is like a convertible. It can be set up with just the 4 screened sides or you can attach sides that come with it for bad weather and more privacy. I like having head space at my age. I'm glad there is such a good choice of tents on the market. When I was young a sleeping bag and a tarp provided all I needed, but that was the good old days when drinking water from any mountain stream was safe, a camp fire would and could suffice, cold drinks were a luxury hardly anyone could afford. I still have my old, old, Coleman two bulb liquid gas lantern that provides all the light any one could need. Excuse the rambling of this old man, it's too easy to go back in time when the times were so good.
Ahhh memories! I remember those lanterns when I was younger. That tent setup is huge! I go backpacking so for me I use the Gatewood Cape Poncho Tarp even offroading... yep I will emjoy it while I still can. [emoji41]

mtncrow

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Martinez, California, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Perry
Member #

The last thing I bought was an MSR PocketRocket Deluxe stove burner. I bought it because after using esbit solid fuel cubes for the last few years they really are not as good at higher altitudes and in snow. The fuek canister can also have issues in snow and at altitudes but its more convenient and doesn't leave solid fuel junk on my titanium cup and anywhere you place the stove. It is also better in wind then the solid fuel.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I tested them out on Peters Mill Run which is about 100 miles from where I live. They rode nice on the interstate and didn’t skip a beat on the trail. It will be interesting to see how many miles I get out of them.
Were they expensive ? How do you think they would compare to these tires:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I still can post photos and nobody contacted me!
I’m ready to rip the badge off?
I have been in contact with OB for several days now about your problem and they said they have ben trying to send you emails but to no avail. They asked me to tell you they are sorry and are trying to figure it all out and to please hang on, there is a glitch somewhere. Michael was informed this morning of the situation.

RamblingRanger

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
David
Last Name
T
Member #

I looked at those also. The Patagonia’s were 636.00 from Walmart.com. Walmart seems to have a lock on them and the cheapest price. Other places I checked were out of stock in that size.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I looked at those also. The Patagonia’s were 636.00 from Walmart.com. Walmart seems to have a lock on them and the cheapest price. Other places I checked were out of stock in that size.
Who installed them ? I'm pissed at my tire dealership. When I priced my last set of tires they didn't tell me I had to pay to have them installed. Other dealerships I have worked with charged me nothing to install or balance the tires. I ended up paying $150 more than the tire quote this last (and I mean last) go round. Big O never charges me for tire rotation or balancing and never a charge for mounting if I buy my tires there. I believe Discount Tire has the same policy.

Manbeast

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Pennsylvania
Member #

I have a set of nankang tires on my delica that were on it when it was shipped over from Japan, mine are clearly an older set in need of replacement soon but even with dry rot starting to show they have been reliable in snow and mud , but I have to admit in my case ( cab over sitting on top of engine and axle) there has been a fair bit of noise, I'm not sure just what proportion is cab over or tires but I'm definitely looking for something quieter 20181201_075817.jpeg20190304_120644.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have a set of nankang tires on my delica that were on it when it was shipped over from Japan, mine are clearly an older set in need of replacement soon but even with dry rot starting to show they have been reliable in snow and mud , but I have to admit in my case ( cab over sitting on top of engine and axle) there has been a fair bit of noise, I'm not sure just what proportion is cab over or tires but I'm definitely looking for something quieter View attachment 104970View attachment 104971
That's quite a rig set up. I don't see many of them but I like them a lot. Is it 4 wheel drive ? I don't know if there is anything that is quiet on the highways. I bought BF Goodrich A/T for my daily driver and the sound drives me nuts.
It sounds like my wheel bearings are all shot, they are not but it sounds that way. My old Wranglers were noisy and is why I changed to BFG, wasted money. Bad car insulation may have a lot to do with it and the fact that it is all wheel drive. My daughter has a 2 wheel drive version of the same car and has A/T
tires on it . It rides nice and quiet.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

My refrigerator is not working on propane or DC power, in my motor home. ( I live in it full time ). So, at NWOR, I got a good show price on a Dometic CFX 75 DZW. Told myself, I could justify the money by using it also for Overlanding! Haha. Like I needed an excuse! Vance.

RamblingRanger

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
David
Last Name
T
Member #

Who installed them ? I'm pissed at my tire dealership. When I priced my last set of tires they didn't tell me I had to pay to have them installed. Other dealerships I have worked with charged me nothing to install or balance the tires. I ended up paying $150 more than the tire quote this last (and I mean last) go round. Big O never charges me for tire rotation or balancing and never a charge for mounting if I buy my tires there. I believe Discount Tire has the same policy.
I have a 4wd shop around the corner from my house. OCD Offroad in Stafford VA. They mount and balance big tires with no problem. I think it was 35.00 per tire. They are a good honest shop.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My refrigerator is not working on propane or DC power, in my motor home. ( I live in it full time ). So, at NWOR, I got a good show price on a Dometic CFX 75 DZW. Told myself, I could justify the money by using it also for Overlanding! Haha. Like I needed an excuse! Vance.
Yes, I know you wanted that Dometic baddddd. Vance, a few years ago I needed more ref space. I bought a cheepo Wal-Mart up right ref with a small freezing compartment that I didn't need but was okay. I paid $60 or less for that little jobber and it works fine on DC 110v circuit. That's what you should have for when you leave home, your stuff wont spoil and you wont have to carry it all with you. I noticed the other day that Wally world is selling a larger ref now and sells for around $150.00 that would be plenty of ref for one person. If my RV ref ever quits, I will put one of the $60 ref's in the rv and use the inverter on board to convert to 12v for traveling. Just a thought since you brought it up. Lanlubber Jim

Reactions: 4wheelspulling