What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Last thing I Bought was Running boards and the 2 front side windows tinted, Next thing is 3M clear door guards, door handle cup guards and back of mirror protection, After this save up for a lift and bigger tires ( I have no clue which way to go and what brand to use) BTW I just got this 2018 4runner on Christmas Eve "Tonya" is very new!
Nice rig. Lots of possibilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: JeffG98034

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Reactions: JeffG98034

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I got one of the new Medium First Aid packs from Blue Ridge Overland Gear and one of their map pouches. The first aid kit fits where the factory one in my Xterra was but holds a lot more stuff. Plus, it will hang from the straps on the gate and you can just unzip it rather than having to remove the whole thing like the factory one. It has 4 pouches Velcroed inside it so you can divide up the stuff by need and just grab the pouch you think you need for what's going on.

I also nabbed a pair of coilovers for the front of the Xterra.

Next thing on the list is upper control arms and a Shrockworks front bumper for it.

I'm hoping to have all my suspension components gathered to lift it come spring when it's due for new tires.

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

Just picked up a new rear bumper. Next will be a full size spare and new flush mount lights that will fit in the bumper

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Reactions: In Itinere

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Finally going to fix the bird nest of wires on my main battery by getting most of the accessories off of it, and wired into a 12 position Blue Sea fuse box.
Also the Blue Sea circuit breaker, 4 gauge battery wires, all mounted to the Powertrays for the FJ Cruiser.
Placed my order yesterday for it.

https://www.powertrays.com/collections/frontpage/products/fj-cruiser-powertray?variant=2947050110999

I bought the 6-way Blue Sea fuse box and have discovered that it' not big enough. should have opted for the 12-way. grrrrrrrr

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

That is why I went with the 12.
I have around 6 now to plug to it, and it will be nice to have the extra room to grow.
I thought 6 would be enough until i mounted a light bar, 2 separate sets of front spotlights, rear work lights and some USB sockets. I'll need somewhere to fit the CB radio and other future investments

Last edited:
Reactions: TerryD and Corey

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Got an Auto-Vox M1 back up camera for the van so I can back up more easily to the trailer those last couple inches, and for just general rear view. I think I'll hook it up to be always powered, but with a switch, instead of only on when I'm in reverse. Pretty decent and inexpensive ($50) little waterproof camera, judging from the reviews, with night-vision and what looks like a decent monitor, too. I'll post a review after using it for awhile.

roaddude_autovox-backupcam_4886.jpg

Also just received my 2017 copy of The MILEPOST - "Since 1949 the bible of North Country travel!" and pre-ordered 2018. Not sure why, but at $24 and change, it's $7 less on Amazon than a lot of places. It's really an amazing resource to go through, whether seriously planning to explore Alaska and the rugged provinces of western Canada or just armchair adventuring. Updated yearly, in-depth profiles, detailed fold-out maps, the works. I know North Country travelers who swear The MILEPOST is their most invaluable guide to travel.

roaddude_themilepost.jpg

roaddude_themilepost_4882.jpg

roaddude_themilepost_4883.jpg

roaddude_themilepost_4884.jpg

roaddude_themilepost_4885.jpg

Plan to buy:

A couple various sized small metal tins with gasketed lids for various camp purposes.

Reactions: bawa

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Bought clear headlightcovers and a black dashmat for my car, I am also thinking about getting a GoPro 4 or 5 to use as a dashcam later this year (I don't need or want the newest GoPro)
20180116_170443.jpg 20180112_131008.jpg

MidwestJeep

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Evansville Indiana
First Name
W
Last Name
Campbell
Picture of the new rhino lined hard top to go with my post from the other day [emoji2]

2012 JKU Sport - 4" Zone Lift w/ 35" BFG M/T
2011 Jeep Patriot Sport

Reactions: Road

Traveler I

After Christmas, I bought something called a Sunferno strap on Amazon. I got sucked in by its claims of being a combination tow/recovery/snatch strap all in one. I was on vacation so I might have had a few beers. After receiving it I realized it's at best a tow strap with a tiny bit more flex. I've returned it and plan to buy the ARB recovery strap to replace it.

MidwestJeep

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Evansville Indiana
First Name
W
Last Name
Campbell
Order new ignition coils. I am having a cylinder 6 miss fire so I figured I'd just replace all of them while I'm in there since it looks like it's going to be a pain to replace them.

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport

MidwestJeep

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Evansville Indiana
First Name
W
Last Name
Campbell
Order some MSD ignition coils. I am having a cylinder 6 miss fire so I figured I'd just replace all of them while I'm in there since it looks like it's going to be a pain to replace them.

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport