What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
3” lift. Next is either a CB or Onboard Air. Oh and a toilet. Wife says she has to have a place to go.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
In order to get the first two things you probably need to get the last one first.

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
Just ordered new suspension all round, the transfer box and switchgear and winch all arrived today too
Need a day to get it all fit now though!!

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
I have bought my ARB Air Compressor but can figure out the best place to house it in my Defender 90. Any thoughts?
is the tank under the drivers seat - it is in the UK - battery under passenger (left) seat
on the rear of the bulkhead behind the front seats?
next to battery - size dependent
not sure on the size of it but would it fit under the body forward of the rear wheels??

Hope it helps

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

is the tank under the drivers seat - it is in the UK - battery under passenger (left) seat
on the rear of the bulkhead behind the front seats?
next to battery - size dependent
not sure on the size of it but would it fit under the body forward of the rear wheels??

Hope it helps
Under my passenger seat I currently have my battery. I'm aiming to fit a second battery with a battery management system so that option is out of the question. Under the drivers seat there is a fuse box which I will have to see about moving out of the way first. I also hope to buy one of these too..........

fender_locker_3__1.jpg

I then aim to run an air hose from the compressor into this housing for easy access. I also plan to run battery leads into the same box too.

below is a picture of other possible uses.

Fender_Locker01.jpg

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
Under my passenger seat I currently have my battery. I'm aiming to fit a second battery with a battery management system so that option is out of the question. Under the drivers seat there is a fuse box which I will have to see about moving out of the way first. I also hope to buy one of these too..........

View attachment 43685

I then aim to run an air hose from the compressor into this housing for easy access. I also plan to run battery leads into the same box too.

below is a picture of other possible uses.

View attachment 43686
Just seen you in Plymouth.
So i'm guessing it's a TD5, the ECU is under the drivers seat, you will benefit from buying a loom extender and moving the ecu to a higher position (mine was on bulkhead behind drivers seat) this stops the oil issue - oil travels up the loom and eventually cooks the ECU

I like the wing box, though is it big enough for the compressor?

Do you have a cubby box, can you mount it behind this between it and the rear bulkhead

All the best

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Just seen you in Plymouth.
So i'm guessing it's a TD5, the ECU is under the drivers seat, you will benefit from buying a loom extender and moving the ecu to a higher position (mine was on bulkhead behind drivers seat) this stops the oil issue - oil travels up the loom and eventually cooks the ECU

I like the wing box, though is it big enough for the compressor?

Do you have a cubby box, can you mount it behind this between it and the rear bulkhead

All the best
Where in the UK are you then?

I have a tdci Station Wagon so there's no bulkhead behind the seat. I do have a dog guard though. I wasnt aiming on putting the air compressor in the wing box. Instead i was going to put it ubder the seat and run a hose to the wing box. I just need to make sure i can fit the compressor in the space. I only hope there' enough "breathable" air for the compressor to cope

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Technically, this was a birthday gift from my better half:
IMG_20180103_072225.jpg
IMG_20180103_072207.jpg
They aren't cheap, but I'm sick of struggling with crappy air mattresses when camping with the wife. I'm guessing I'll never get that thing packed up so tight again, but for now it's pretty compact (85 pound German Shep for reference)...

Rob K

Rank II

Advocate II

Got a Hi-Lift for Christmas this year. Decided to splurge for myself and buy a nice cover and handle keeper. First impression of the quality was really good, glad I spent the extra money. It'll be going on a custom tire carrier so hopefully I'll get a build thread up soon! IMG_1049.JPG

Reactions: In Itinere and Mr E

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Most recent overland gear purchase was some slick new tent poles and crossbars from OZ Tent to use when I marry up my RV-5 to my BunduAwn and to also use for the new sidewalls/awning extensions and awning triangles.

ob-oztentridgepole-6.jpg

Next purchase may be an Espar Airtronic D2 diesel heater for my van, which I'll install soon as the friggin' weather warms up enough or if I stumble upon a heated space in which to work! These things are pretty amazing, really. I know a bunch of van guys who have them and love 'em. Runs straight from your diesel tank and on high will burn for 20hrs on about a gal of fuel and draws only 1.9amps.
espar_airtronicd2.png

Last edited:

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Last thing I Bought was Running boards and the 2 front side windows tinted, Next thing is 3M clear door guards, door handle cup guards and back of mirror protection, After this save up for a lift and bigger tires ( I have no clue which way to go and what brand to use) BTW I just got this 2018 4runner on Christmas Eve "Tonya" is very new!

Reactions: Rubyredfozzy

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

How did the black out kit work out, I want to do mine as well..
Funny thing about that, never ordered it because they did not have the covers for the TRD offroad pillar badge at the time. Now that they have made those, I will be getting it within the next couple of months. But I have heard great things about the noxlux kit so far from people who have it.