What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Last thing I bought was a lot of Nikwax Waterproofing products, from an outdoor store in UK (whilst visiting UK), that was in its final days before shut-down and closure.
Bought these at discounted price, which is important right now, given my unemployed status !!!

The next thing I plan to buy is small items, to fill gaps in our "general equipment" set.
Probably more camping equipment focused than vehicle focused.
Trying to keep expenditure low, whilst still moving forward with kit upgrades and gap fillers....
I'm sorry to hear that your still unemployed. anything on the horizon at all?

My brother in law is currently visiting somewhere you might be familiar with. He is in Iceland for a few days. we've been receiving lots of photos. it looks awesome. it's a place I'd love to drive through

Reactions: Neil Q Smith

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Just bought a Frontrunner roof rack for the cab of my Tacoma, will be here tomorrow. Currently have one on my bed shell. Next will be a snorkel.

Cory1139

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Tidwell
Member #

I just bought my Kargo Master Congo roof rack! It won't be delivered until sometime in October so hopefully it will still be warm enough to install.
Me too!...i was told maybe mid October...I can't wait...so far Kargo Master has been an awesome company

Sent from my SM-J727V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Northernlady

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'm sorry to hear that your still unemployed. anything on the horizon at all?

My brother in law is currently visiting somewhere you might be familiar with. He is in Iceland for a few days. we've been receiving lots of photos. it looks awesome. it's a place I'd love to drive through
Hei Keith

Thanks a lot for your kind reply - much appreciated.

It's not fun when there are no jobs to apply for.
Since the downturn of World Oil Price end 2015, there has been thousands of lay-offs over here in Stavanger (Oil Capital of Norway).
In parallel, a number of local service companies are seriously suffering as a result - due to vastly reduced expenditure from Oil & Gas companies.

Having to seriously consider stating my own company now, to generate income -
but with so many of us Oil workers out of work over here, the market is quite dead,
and the amount of disposable income has vastly reduced, so finding something that will pay is hard........

At least I have time to catch-up with my other "life tasks"
and become more proactive on OB forum, etc.

Hope your Brother-in-law is enjoying Iceland.
There are some serious floods ongoing along the SE coastal area of Iceland right now.
http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/travel-plans-upset-many-travellers-unaware-ring-road-closed-se-iceland-due-floods
Hope he doesn't get caught in any of that.....

I don't know when I will return back to Iceland, but if I start to plan options, I will let you know.
Maybe you will consider joining.

Cheers
Neil :)

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

hopefully soon my next purchase will be:

1 x Mobile Storage Systems Cubby Box
1 x Thunderpole T2000 CB Radio.

I have enclosed library pictures of the two items in question. I will be fitting the radio inside the front compartment of the cubby box. The box is lockable so a lot more secure than the box I currently have.

MSS_Secure_Cubby_box_large.jpg
t-2000-overview-01.jpg

Reactions: Chadlyb

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hei Keith

Thanks a lot for your kind reply - much appreciated.

It's not fun when there are no jobs to apply for.
Since the downturn of World Oil Price end 2015, there has been thousands of lay-offs over here in Stavanger (Oil Capital of Norway).
In parallel, a number of local service companies are seriously suffering as a result - due to vastly reduced expenditure from Oil & Gas companies.

Having to seriously consider stating my own company now, to generate income -
but with so many of us Oil workers out of work over here, the market is quite dead,
and the amount of disposable income has vastly reduced, so finding something that will pay is hard........

At least I have time to catch-up with my other "life tasks"
and become more proactive on OB forum, etc.

Hope your Brother-in-law is enjoying Iceland.
There are some serious floods ongoing along the SE coastal area of Iceland right now.
http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/travel-plans-upset-many-travellers-unaware-ring-road-closed-se-iceland-due-floods
Hope he doesn't get caught in any of that.....

I don't know when I will return back to Iceland, but if I start to plan options, I will let you know.
Maybe you will consider joining.

Cheers
Neil :)
I'm in the process of job hunting myself too. I was laid off from a company I worked for and the job I have now is awful. the pay is minimum wage so I can't survive on it. My wish list for my 90 might have to take a whole lot longer to fulfil.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Reactions: Neil Q Smith

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'm in the process of job hunting myself too. I was laid off from a company I worked for and the job I have now is awful. the pay is minimum wage so I can't survive on it. My wish list for my 90 might have to take a whole lot longer to fulfil.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
Good Luck with your job hunting too......

Your current job doesn't sound fun at all....Sorry.

Like your next purchase wishes - nice addition to your Defender.

Hopefully your next job will be a lot better paid and conditions.
Then you can upgrade your vehicle faster, and go on more distant adventures.......

Keep my fingers crossed for you too :)

DK_XV

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Easton, WA
Member #

Last purchase was a cross bed rail set.

Next purchase will be Bilstien 510o RHA lift shocks and rear blocks. I think... Mostly depends on what goes on sale from my wish list(s) first!