What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Bought a few packs of spare battery's. Always have those rechargeable ones @ the house but for some reason they are always empty when you need them. So I just bought a good few for the lamps and stuff.

Next thing will probably be a new headunit for the Cruiser.. at least one with bluetooth and a screen in it so I can add a reversing camera at some point. Probably won't buy the camera as well any time soon, things are damn expensive.

Reactions: OverlandxjRon

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Adding to my stash of quality gear I can pass on to my kid. Just rec'd a Partner 22" - this is the most rugged, well-built cookstove I've ever laid hands on. I read a ton of user-reviews saying the same; how rugged and well-built, but holy-moly, I was unprepared for just how nice a stove this is. I can see why it is the stove of choice for most expedition travel.

I'll be testing it out on the road over the next couple weeks, but don't expect any problems. This thing is sweet. Found the best price and got mine from Adventure Ready. They have a ton of good gear.

partner22_9894.JPG

partner22_9895.JPG

Next thing I hope to buy is a swing-out tire carrier and pure-sine inverter for my XV-2.

Last edited:

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Gathering tools and gear. . .
View attachment 31565
iPad Mini 4 and Garmin Inreach Explorer + for nav in and out of the van. . .
I need some help to understand the nav stuff. The time I tried it, it drew a straight line between where I was and where I was going and expected me to follow it through water and up mountains.
@Kevin108 - this thread is more about what you just bought and are getting ready to get. For info just on navigation stuff, you should post in the Overland Navigation forum. I'd be more specific on what you presently have for hardware and software, and what you're trying to learn more about.

Quick search here on OB comes up with this list, too, all mentioning navigation apps: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/search/685377/?q=navigation+app&o=date

I haven't started the subscription for the Garmin InReach yet, so can't help you with that, and am exploring my options for nav apps for the iPad mini4.

Hope you find what you're after.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I bought and installed a RhinoRack/Oztent Foxwing Awning this past weekend.

Next thing to buy is probably gonna be a "grown up" ham radio, I've been looking at the Yaesu FTM-400XDR for quite some time. Maybe i'll be able to pull the trigger next month

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Am currently saving up so that I can buy 16" steel wheels and 29" Toyo Open Country A/T+ tires

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@Road I get what this thread is, I was just making a comment on his purchase and intended use in comparison to my own. Thanks for the links.
@Kevin108 - yes, it was my purchase you made the comment on. Looked like you were asking for some assistance, so I offered some. Hope the links were of some help. Good luck with your nav gear.

Reactions: Kevin108

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Just pick garvin expedition rack for my 04 jeep lj...what an improvement in space and comfort...best investment ever.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: YETI X and Road

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

So I bought a new head unit today.. a Kenwood DDX-9717BTS. Including installation and the frame and stuff it gets me back almost a grand but I shouldn't have to buy something else soon because it is loaded with features :)

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro