What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Post a picture of that tool roll once you have it configured I would be curious to see what you stuffed it with and how it came out, looks real nice!
I am slowly putting it together. I bought a set of ratcheting wrenches and a socket set that is universal size fit (each bit fits a couple sizes, metric and standard) . They aren't the best, but will work for the trail. The socket wrench is a zero degree or something, which is pretty slick, it doesn't click like a regular wrench and you can get it into tight spaces and still make progress.

This pack has plenty more room in it and several pockets I haven't touched yet. I like that I can just roll my big torque wrench into it or whatever else.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I just had a splurge as the wife is in a good mood and said she would let me buy something....... yippee!!!!

I have therefore just paid for a Lazer Lamp Triple R28 light bar with all fixings and Wiring kit (see below)

triple_r28_straight_web2.jpg
mm_dims_rrr28_1000x750-1.jpg
ll_photometric_triple-r-28.jpg

Secondly I decided to upgrade the HUGE Land Rover Steering wheel and go for something a bit more user friendly.

TrekR.jpg

I can't wait until they all arrive now

Attachments

Last edited:

Vince

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

DSC_4412.JPG DSC_4410.JPG I'll be the same...12lt oil and filter, though I've already got a few spare filters. Needs changed every 3000 miles. Last purchase was I got a guy to make a gas bottle holder, to sit on top of the rear alloy box, plus a bar to hold the front spots. They're now fitted but just need to wire them in.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

View attachment 30471 View attachment 30472 I'll be the same...12lt oil and filter, though I've already got a few spare filters. Needs changed every 3000 miles. Last purchase was I got a guy to make a gas bottle holder, to sit on top of the rear alloy box, plus a2 bar to hold the front spots. They're now fitted but just need to wire them in.
Wait until you see the light output from your Lazer lamps. I have to ST4 already fitted to the from. I have a Triple R28 at home waiting to fit to my roofrack. Can't wait

Reactions: Vince

Vince

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Wait until you see the light output from your Lazer lamps. I have to ST4 already fitted to the from. I have a Triple R28 at home waiting to fit to my roofrack. Can't wait
Yes, I actually had these fitted to my Hilux so know how bright they are. Reason I've not wired yet is I need to remove the bumper to then remove the winch so I can service it. It works but doesn't free spool as not been used for over 5 years. Th eguy I bought the vehicle from never used it...I just got it back in Nov. Just another job on the list :-)

There are 2 Light Force spots on the roof rack too but they don't work so deciding whether to fit similar spots or a light bar.

I see you're a Tentipi owner too. I've been posting of another post the past few days talking about RRT or ground tents. Is that the Safir 7cp?

Reactions: dziner

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Yes, I actually had these fitted to my Hilux so know how bright they are. Reason I've not wired yet is I need to remove the bumper to then remove the winch so I can service it. It works but doesn't free spool as not been used for over 5 years. Th eguy I bought the vehicle from never used it...I just got it back in Nov. Just another job on the list :-)

There are 2 Light Force spots on the roof rack too but they don't work so deciding whether to fit similar spots or a light bar.

I see you're a Tentipi owner too. I've been posting of another post the past few days talking about RRT or ground tents. Is that the Safir 7cp?
Yes it is the Safir 7. I also have the porch for it too. We will be going away in a couple of weeks time to try out the porch

Reactions: Vince

Vince

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Yes it is the Safir 7. I also have the porch for it too. We will be going away in a couple of weeks time to try out the porch
The porch makes a huge difference when it's wet. I'll tend to use it if away for more than one night and weather looking doubtful. Even just the front hoop makes a difference but the space inside the porch is great for boots, wood, rubbish etc.

abart

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

St. Charles, Iowa
Member #

Replaced worn old Rubicon Express suspension with Currie 4" springs, Metalcloak adjustable control arms and Bilstein 5100 shocks and all is new again and rides great. However, in replacing the suspension I noticed a spot or two of rust in my frame I will have to address and decide what the next purchase is to fix it. It is well documented how stupid Jeep was in designing the frame on TJs (no drain holes, really?) so they rust from the inside out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TerryD

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

Snagged a used 13" Asus Chromebook off Craigslist for $80. It's fast as blazes and the battery lasts for ~10 hours. I really like it, but I think I'm going to give it to my mom and look for a smaller model for myself.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Last thing I bought was eleven one-owner Pelican 1510 cases because they were a great deal, and I figured some people here might like one. I have 8 left.
Link to post here on OB: http://bit.ly/2uicoi9

yIMG_9730.JPG

Next thing I'm planning to buy is a custom XVenture Xv-2 trailer and I'm beyond anxious and excited. I can hardly wait, but I'm taking my time and ordering it the way I want.
It will be my main support tool for a number of things, from overlanding to off-grid living to remote workshop locations.

XV-2-cargobed-564.jpg

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Last thing I bought was eleven one-owner Pelican 1510 cases because they were a great deal, and I figured some people here might like one. I have 8 left.
Link to post here on OB: http://bit.ly/2uicoi9

View attachment 30760

Next thing I'm planning to buy is a custom XVenture Xv-2 trailer and I'm beyond anxious and excited. I can hardly wait, but I'm taking my time and ordering it the way I want.
It will be my main support tool for a number of things, from overlanding to off-grid living to remote workshop locations.

View attachment 30761
How much so you want for 3 of them ?

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clairemont, San Diego, CA 92117
Member #

Got some new-to-me wheels and tires from another OB member. TRD Pro wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 265/70/17. Haven't tested them off-road yet, but I'm very impressed how well they do around town and how quiet they are on the freeway for such an aggressive tire. Next purchase . . . don't know, what do you have to sell?? :smiley:

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Received my Klymit Static V Luxe sleeping pad yesterday. Can't wait to try it out. Seems a lot better than my old 1" Thermarest.

I also ordered sliders from Mobtown Offload in Maryland for my Tacoma. The step bars are completely bent after going off-roading at Rausch Creek last weekend.

Next on my list are Bilstein 5100 (B110) and Dakar leaf pack to replace the Bilstein 5100 and Wheeler's AAL which just hasn't held up to the weight of my cap, fridge, and camping gear.

Reactions: Road