What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

cdn_xj

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member #

Let's see... The last things that I've bought are a Donaldson Full View prefilter for my raised intake and extended bumpstops.

I just had an opportunity to purchase a used Kaymar rear bar for the XJ ($400+$200 for shipping) but it's only got a single swing arm. Since Kaymar hasn't produced that bar for 10 years, they cannot tell me one way or the other if they have any swing arms that would work for me. So I had to pass on it.

The next items on my list are:
New tires
a Dirtbound Offroad rear bumper & tire carrier (with dual swing arms),
Brown Dog Motor mounts,
a manual hub conversion kit (maybe),
Bushwacker Flat flares (if I do the manual hub conversion).

That said, I have a stack of parts piled up that I need to get to installing:

Nth Degree oil pan skid plate,
transfer case skid plate,
Borla Header,
chassis stiffeners,
rock sliders,
Raer 1/4 armor,
leaf spring u-bolt eliminators,
and other misc. stuff. lol

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Just bought Kalisaya KP601 Kalipak 558WH portable solar generator system, with daisy chain 2nd 40w solar panel, for the Jeep.

And, quick release fire extinguisher mounts and extinguishers, for rear cargo area.

Next on the list:
New steer tires for the F450

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Well I picked up my rig yesterday from having my Icon stage 7 installed. I had them put the overland springs on the back for future weight gain / CBI rear bumper, Goose Gear drawers. But as it sits know i am not happy with how hi the back is sitting / how it looks. There is a 3" diff from the front to the back. It seemed like it should have had the same factory diff. Well I guess my next purchase is coming sooner than I planed, the CBI bumper. I sure hope that helps bring it down!

Reactions: Art

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

Well I picked up my rig yesterday from having my Icon stage 7 installed. I had them put the overland springs on the back for future weight gain / CBI rear bumper, Goose Gear drawers. But as it sits know i am not happy with how hi the back is sitting / how it looks. There is a 3" diff from the front to the back. It seemed like it should have had the same factory diff. Well I guess my next purchase is coming sooner than I planed, the CBI bumper. I sure hope that helps bring it down!
You should be able to adjust that down and help even it out. You'll want to raise it a bit when you get the bumper but shouldnt have to be that much higher up. Sounds like a ridiculous amount of rake.

Last thing I bought was rear OME 891 coils which should be here tuesday. After that i'll probably need to buy a diff drop and/or some better endlinks!

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Well - here we go again on this never ending journey of mods and such....

The last thing I bought - yesterday - was......

http://www.dasmule.com/mule-2-0-recovery-link/

The next - or one of the next things - to be purchased will be tires. I am planning a September journey to Moab so the rig is going to get some new booties. Currently doing research. There will, clearly, be things in addition to those and watch out Moab - I'm sure I won't get out of there "alive."

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Just got a great deal over the weekend at autoanything.com on an ARB 2000 Awning. Free shipping (FedEx Home), and a 20% discount... too bad they are based out of San Diego, CA... that would have saved me on taxes as well. Still an awesome deal though! :)

With awning installed using Fourtreks mounting hardware to factory rack tubing...

***Update 10/19/17 - This week Shrockworks rear bumper and sliders installed. Also worked on installing my new comm's setup as well... here are a few pics. I'll post more comm's pics once I finish. :)

IMG_1616.jpg IMG_1615.jpg IMG_1614.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Ordered a Road Shower 2 today for our excursion next month. Should be useful to spray off the dogs, clean dishes and other things I can't think of right now.

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Someone stole my CO2 tank recently (so annoying) so I pieced together another one with an older tank and spare parts, and bought a new roll bar mount for it.

…and bought another fire extinguisher (with mount) :)

The next thing I plan to buy is this:

LOL