What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

FrontyFrank

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

NJ, USA
Member #

Gonna be tires. I’ve been running the OEM Hankook HT’s and they are far from good off-road. On the pavement they’re great, though.

Not sure what I’ll be going with, my last Frontier I had Toyo Open Countries, and loved them. Any opinions, let me know.

Reactions: Fozzy325

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Ok I did it. I am making a diy rack. I ordered all of the aluminium extruded. $730cdn including shipping.

This is $1200 cheaper than the rhino-rack or the front runner solution that use the same material.

It’s not going to look as nice but it should perform and accept all the same mods.
I wanna see it, when it’s done! We went with a Front Runner full length rack! Was using the OEM rack for our Tepui RTT, but it started making some funny noises.

Reactions: Fozzy325

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

I wanna see it, when it’s done! We went with a Front Runner full length rack! Was using the OEM rack for our Tepui RTT, but it started making some funny noises.
I will make pictures and hopefully a vblog, my idea is to utilize the old struts that will sit inside the new rack to be used as supporting dividers. So utilizing two types of roof racks.
Rack size = 84x56 inches x 7struts
Rack 1 is the slimline square base. 2 inches high with 2”x1” mounts, mounting on the LR4 stock extended rails so standing 4inches above the stock rail.
Rack 2 is just standard curved struts that stand 6” above stock OEM rail

I will position rack 2 in between struts of rack 1 to use them as dividers and if needed, carry struts for wood, Xmas tree, RTT mounting point.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Gonna be tires. I’ve been running the OEM Hankook HT’s and they are far from good off-road. On the pavement they’re great, though.

Not sure what I’ll be going with, my last Frontier I had Toyo Open Countries, and loved them. Any opinions, let me know.
Go for the Atturo trail blazer M/T then you can tell me what they are like :)

Reactions: FrontyFrank

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I have been searching for a set of Amber lights to use on our shell as a set of chase lights. When we go with our small group of friends we tend to be in the lead and typically in desert/dusty conditions so to me a chase light is a must. I have been racking my brain trying to find something that would fit where I wanted and wasn't just a led pod sticking out the shell. I ended up with lamphus saftey lights as they also have a steady burn input and they are the right size as to where I want them.
Also ordered a cheap set of flush mount pods for the notaxpo trailer so we can have some light when we are backing up into spots. Screenshot_20190118-100600.jpeg

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I love my Toyo Open Country A/T's! :D will be buying another set when the time comes to replace them.

Reactions: FrontyFrank

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Well it isn't really for my rig but I just got a GoPro so I can start recording some of my adventures. On my list of future upgrades is front and rear bumpers and heavy duty suspension. I want to get my setup basically figured out so I can get the right suspension configuration and fine tune it to my needs.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I think my next purchase will be a sleeping pad with a high R value. I was looking at the Thermarest LuxuryMap with a R value of 6.8.

I've got to improve my cold weather sleeping setup. @John Fury and I camped in the snow last March and I was freezing. I've replaced my buddy heater after it let me down up there so it's on to the sleeping pad next.

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Well more parts have turned up.
1. 52” lighting bar
2. Quick first ratchet x2
3. Quick fist rubber mounting kit
4. Blue sea 12 port fuse box
5. Zastone D9000 Ham Radio
6. Mounting kit light
7. Digital tyre inflator
8. Ham Radio antenna mount
9. ARB Clone spot/flood lights
10. 90% of the extrude I purchased to make a DIY 86”x56”Roof Rack.
IMG_0011.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0011.JPG

Tim nash

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

Planning on getting a knack box to replace the rear seat in my jk and bolt it down to have a weather proof theft proof storage

MidwestJeep

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Evansville Indiana
First Name
W
Last Name
Campbell
I picked up a 4 ton come-along winch from harbor freight today. Not the most exciting thing but I'm excited to have it. It gives me a little more peace of mind when I'm out by myself.

Reactions: DK4Runner

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

I
I think my next purchase will be a sleeping pad with a high R value. I was looking at the Thermarest LuxuryMap with a R value of 6.8.

I've got to improve my cold weather sleeping setup. @John Fury and I camped in the snow last March and I was freezing. I've replaced my buddy heater after it let me down up there so it's on to the sleeping pad next.
I bought the 240 Jackery and a 12v heated blanket. Kept me so warm during the Winter 4x4 Jamboree in Utah. IMG_20190119_064919.jpg

cruiserfien

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Got a Eaton/Harrop e locker for the LX450 (80 Series) and about to pull the trigger on RCV Axles and Birfs....Then comes the install.