What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

TalkingJeep

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Central Virginia
First Name
Michael
Last Name
CJ8
Service Branch
Army
I'm pretty low key/budget right now since my wife was laid off... But my latest purchase was a Bauer inflator/deflator. (will get the fire going fast too!)
It will add immediate value, though, as my last 3 trips I never inflated the mattress. That's how I'm trying to attack things; from previous fails.
I kept a list of things I needed or forgot so the next trip is better, more efficient.
Previous to this purchase was a bunch of sealable tubs for
1: Camping
2: 4wd specific
3: tools
4: Solar, comms & tech
Made packing & unpacking SOOO much easier! .......... edited to add: I ordered a Bauer to Ryobi battery adapter for 20 bucks to cut down on multiple batteries, chargers, etc!!!

Last edited:

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Your nest choice for an antenna depends on your environment. Here in the tennessee hills I would rather put a quarter wave on a folding roof mount. On the other hand if I was in mid west corn country I would look at a 5/8 wave. The higher gain of the 5/8 has a flatter angle. For my money I am looking at a comet or diamond both around $60-70 on Amazon for both my ham or gmts needs. There are lower budget antennas available, and if you know a ham in your area they can or know someone who can practically make that antenna out of a coat hanger (o.k. maybe not a coat hanger, but a have used aluminum rod.)
Oh I know about the other antennas. I was being very sarcastic in that post. Never understood why folks just dump on someone's post. I really don't care what other folks think about my shit and try to stay non confrontational but come on!. I spent 90 days straight in Mark Twain National Forest working for the National Forest Service (USDA) and broke two antennas. Fire roads are hell. LOL. This was an experiment and it was a 6.5 gain so I tried something different. GRMS is for concrete trucks and lawn care folks anyway. LOL I'm almost done with the HAM course. I have the folding Comet in my shopping cart now and waiting for the lottery to hit.
I left my house and went camping 1,095 days ago. I'm working on it almost every day.
Zim

Last edited:
Reactions: roots66

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Reactions: roots66

Tommy_2b1a7f

Rank I

Contributor II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Frederick
Member #

Just bought a KC Gravity Titan light bar for my Gladiator. Patiently waiting for it to arrive. I love the look of “traditional” round lights as I also run Gravity Pro6 A-pillar lights.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
What lights did you get? Got a link? I really like the low profile......

Jim
Amazon 10% coupon deal. I also like the low profile, but what sold me was the 16.4' cable. I had to get light bar clamps to attach it to the basket.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
CVT MT Hood. Their Memorial day sale stacked with their Veteran discount so I jumped on it. I built out a sleep platform but my wife wasn't a fan. Just means the kids will get to use it instead of a tent (unless they start fighting in which they will both get tented).

Just need of finish up the roof rack to mount the RTT

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We already carry lots of recovery gear for the rig, decided to add a bit of recovery gear for its occupants. Thanks to a great online sale, we now carry a defibrillator on our wanderings. Have always carried a good solid trauma kit, but thinking we would like to improve the odds beyond zero for survival if one of us or someone we were travelling with had a heart attack far from advanced medical care.

Attachments

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

A SawStop and a few sheets of baltic birch... I want custom drawers and I'm not doing them with a circular saw and an aluminum angle guide this time.
You'll love the saw stop. 52" from the fence to the blade.
Unfortunately I can’t give up the space so it’s just the contractor saw on wheels but it’ll be better than just using my track saw. Wife wanted the safety feature and I wanted the cast iron top and fence for repeatability because I’m replacing every cabinet, vanity, and built-in in my house over the next couple years. Drawers will be a nice warm-up project.

Tommy_2b1a7f

Rank I

Contributor II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Frederick
Member #

We already carry lots of recovery gear for the rig, decided to add a bit of recovery gear for its occupants. Thanks to a great online sale, we now carry a defibrillator on our wanderings. Have always carried a good solid trauma kit, but thinking we would like to improve the odds beyond zero for survival if one of us or someone we were travelling with had a heart attack far from advanced medical care.
Who did you purchase it from?

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Who did you purchase it from?
We got it from AED Market AED Machines: AED Defibrillators for Sale We got a reconditioned Philips FRx Heartstart as this unit was designed for use in first responder vehicles and is weather proof and will survive a 3 foot drop onto concrete. New models are around 2k with a factory 8 year warranty. We got the remanufactured version for $695 and it looks like new and comes with a new case and pads. I added in a 4 year warranty, second set of pads, and a pediatric key which will allow the machine to work on infants and children and saves you from having to have two sets of pads and switch them out on scene. total was 1k for the package. One thing to remember is to replace the pads every two years ($60) (perhaps more often if it lives in a vehicle in a hot climate) and the battery every 4 years (180). I have used the Philips AED when i was with the fire department and they have always worked well.