What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
Bought a Nobo 20.3 and all the associated gear for it.

I am splitting my budget between the camper and Sequoia build.
Awesome and congrats.. Welcome to the crew.. we have a 2020 19.3 LOVE it..ours has dual batteries, solar, propane, etc etc etc..
Thank you! We added random bits--slide topper, new faucet and shower head, vent covers; looking at an upgraded toilet.

It came with a 2000w inverter and 400w solar panels and 30amp controller. I upgraded to a 200ah lithium battery, but it's bms triggered and I had to swap in the old battery. I ended up having to return it.

I am looking at the new renology 12v 200ah, self-heated lithium battery. Hopefully, it works better than the last.

Any other upgrades we should look at from your experience?

Reactions: Shahn and Scout

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Thank you! We added random bits--slide topper, new faucet and shower head, vent covers; looking at an upgraded toilet.

It came with a 2000w inverter and 400w solar panels and 30amp controller. I upgraded to a 200ah lithium battery, but it's bms triggered and I had to swap in the old battery. I ended up having to return it.

I am looking at the new renology 12v 200ah, self-heated lithium battery. Hopefully, it works better than the last.

Have you joined the FB group? We learned a TON of upgrades due to shotty quality upon assembly at the manufacturer. We added 2x4 supports under the shower floor/basin, we added new led touch lights at the vanity closets on the sides of the bed. Added the MaxAir vent covers on the roof so we can leave the vents open during rain. Added s/s screen on the side vents for the stove/ refrigerator. I built a heavier duty spare tire carrier. Made a 6" pvc tube for the black/grey drain hose rather than putting inside the square bumper. I went with the dual AGM batteries rather than the typical acid battery. all other electronics are as ordered. But the FB group is VERY helpful. Many owners that have been there done that.

heres the link.. Log into Facebook

Reactions: Shahn and LRFam1718

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572

Have you joined the FB group? We learned a TON of upgrades due to shotty quality upon assembly at the manufacturer. We added 2x4 supports under the shower floor/basin, we added new led touch lights at the vanity closets on the sides of the bed. Added the MaxAir vent covers on the roof so we can leave the vents open during rain. Added s/s screen on the side vents for the stove/ refrigerator. I built a heavier duty spare tire carrier. Made a 6" pvc tube for the black/grey drain hose rather than putting inside the square bumper. I went with the dual AGM batteries rather than the typical acid battery. all other electronics are as ordered. But the FB group is VERY helpful. Many owners that have been there done that.

heres the link.. Log into Facebook
Thank you so much! Unfortunately, we don't have / use fb. I will pull the underbelly panels one of these days and check the shower basin. Definitely something I would rather not crack lol

Reactions: Shahn and Scout

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Thank you so much! Unfortunately, we don't have / use fb. I will pull the underbelly panels one of these days and check the shower basin. Definitely something I would rather not crack lol
Looking at the shower as you enter the bathroom, you should see a trim panel at the floor about 3-4" tall by however long your basin is. That should be removeable. you can take that off and see what type of support there is from the trailer floor to the underside of the shower basin floor. Have somebody stand in the shower and you can see where the floor will flex. You can add support to the weak areas.. Made a BIG difference for us.. I'm 185 lbs and my wife is quite a bit lighter..

Reactions: Shahn

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Just bought a camp toilet for my son and his family to keep in his 1996 FJZ80 Landcruiser.

‘Leave no trace’ doesn’t allow for cat holes anymore.
Dave Toilet.jpg

This is a very important subject often overlooked so don't let my photo take away the importance.

Overlanding, camper vanning etc has exploded in popularity and where once only occasional visitor visited an area you could use the trowel and hole method but the numbers now visiting these areas make this unsustainable.

Where once I said I would never have a toilet in my vehicle I now carry a porta potti. We try to use facilities where we can but in the cases there are none available we use the Porta Potti.

But just as important is disposing of the contents correctly and not just pouring away at the side of the road etc.

Leave No Trace means anywhere not just at your overnight campspot.

Last edited:

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Been a long time since I posted something in 'my own' topic.. Glad to see it's still alive and kicking though!

Tomorrow we'll finally pick up our camper van after months and months of delays. So we'll be handed the keys to our 2024 Sunlight Cliff 640 Adventure Edition.
After trying several ways of camping we've upgraded to a camper, makes the most sence in the mix of travel and camping here in Europe for us.

Reactions: roots66