• HTML tutorial

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

So we all know what the OB members drive. But how does your spouse get around?

The wife drives a 2014 jeep compass base model (manual doors and windows) has satellite radio tho lol
Very spacious for what it is. My father in law is 6'5" and he can drive it comfortably and still have room in the back for me and the two kids car seats.
Bought it in march and it had 80 miles on (yes 80) it was still brand new at the time. Now it has atound 9500 miles. Got it for a steal of a deal (about 2k under blue book with a 10 year 100k mile warranty on everything.
It's a little 4 cylinder with the 6 speed automatic/slap stick shifter. Its an auto sensce 4wd but normally runs in fwd, but does have a 4 lock option. Let me tell ya this jeep hauls some ass for what it is. There's a little speed trap near me my jeep (01 grand with 4.7) ran it at 89mph this jeep ran it at 82 (impressive considering the engine size difference)

Anyways on to the pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: stoney126

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Deb drives a 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport that we bought new.

(No, that's not our house!)

Now, before you see M-B and think "I gotta hit Steve up for a loan", realize that this was Mercedes' entry level car to get people into the brand, and started at $29,995 at the time. That was just a two thousand more than a loaded 6-cylinder Accord.

She's thinking maybe an Outback for the next vehicle when that rolls around.

Last edited:

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

License plates are the exact same??

Also nice car steve!! And that's a pretty good deal!! We paid 22k for Trinas 2014 compass and it's a base model. We almost bought a Porsche cayenne (spelling? Lol) but it had a little higher miles then I wanted but it was turboed. Only wanted 20k for it

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Umm, using a copy machine to make those? First I thought front/rear until I saw the smaller version.
License plates are the exact same??

Also nice car steve!! And that's a pretty good deal!! We paid 22k for Trinas 2014 compass and it's a base model. We almost bought a Porsche cayenne (spelling? Lol) but it had a little higher miles then I wanted but it was turboed. Only wanted 20k for it

Texas allows Amateur Radio Operators to put their callsign plate on up to 6 of the following: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Trailers, RVs

Reactions: Steve

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

No kidding lol my buddy has a chevy k2500 pickup things a pig! But it's a tank for sure. Got 454 in it.

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

2008 Forester AE,

We bought it new and it's been our family daily since then, I've been allowed to do a few things to it, but mods are limited.
It goes to work/drops kids during the week, runs TSD rallies for fun on the weekends, and even carries the canoe to the lake in a pinch.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Bought my wife her '12 F150 SuperCrew 4X4 for Christmas '11. She absolutely loves it and I am very impressed with the ecoboost engine in these. Luckily for me she says she wants to keep it for at least 10 years.

View attachment 1690

I hope you never wanna put a snow plow on it... Ford doesn't suggest it. I work for John Deere and we also sell Meyer snow plows and I can't tell you how many people have gotten pissed at me when I tell them it is a no-go on their F150. Something with the frame/Eco-Boost/I dont know...lol

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I hope you never wanna put a snow plow on it... Ford doesn't suggest it. I work for John Deere and we also sell Meyer snow plows and I can't tell you how many people have gotten pissed at me when I tell them it is a no-go on their F150. Something with the frame/Eco-Boost/I dont know...lol
Good to know but not a lot of need for a snow plow down here in central FL.

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

That's really any half ton truck. They do it for liability reasons.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

That's really any half ton truck. They do it for liability reasons.

Not really... It is Ford specific for the most part. I put plows on half ton trucks all day long. Meyer even has a SV7.5 (7.5ft V-plow) for half ton trucks. The only trucks I have encountered that i could not put one on was a Dakota/Durango of a certain year and the F150's (Newer F150's anyways)

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Not really... It is Ford specific for the most part. I put plows on half ton trucks all day long. Meyer even has a SV7.5 (7.5ft V-plow) for half ton trucks. The only trucks I have encountered that i could not put one on was a Dakota/Durango of a certain year and the F150's (Newer F150's anyways)
My 03 ram 1500 said specifically in the manual that half ton models are not to be equipped with plows.