What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Forest522

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ha...my bad guys. I read Odyssey but my brain was thinking Optima ! Optima's are the culprits I was talking about. The mind is a terrible thing to waste! LOL :tonguewink:
No worries...sorry to hear you've had bad experiences with the optima. I've been very happy with the ones I have: three in a diesel Blazer (1 yellow house unit and 2 red top for starting) and one in a Grand Cherokee (red top).

They've been great and seen plenty of load ranging from an ARB fridge, compressor, lighting and a variety of charging duties.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Forest522

Rank 0

Contributor I

Reactions: Sonarman and Scout

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Today was bittersweet. I knew the truck needed brakes.. But things were worse than I thought. All new rotors pads front and rear and new calipers up front to replace one's that were sticking a bit..... But it needed to be done. It wasn't cheap but it was necessary.

Stops SO good now.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

We are the Millers

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Murrieta, CA
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VXV
Drove 150 miles through the deserts of the southwest. Started south of Joshua National Park and ended in Johnson Valley. And because she is so good to me when we got back I installed my new JW Speakers in her.

2 weeks back I installed Metalcloak 3.5inch lift, new wheels and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tricklet03

Rank I

Traveler II

New shocks, new brakes, and quick sway bar disconnects. And trying to figure out why my switch pod isn't fitting my jeep! Bought an Amazon Apollointech switch panel that mounts above the rear view mirror. However, it won't mount as the directions state to mount it because the passenger sun visor in the way. I'll have to modify it. Next weekend I'll be upgrading my winch from a rugged ridge to a smitty built 10k with synthetic line. Then I'll be installing a viair compressor and tank.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Reactions: ElDusto

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Took a ride today in search of a new camp spot. Found a nice one near a ledge out in the ole' huntin grounds :)

P1010662.JPG

P1010671.JPG

Cara said this is the spot ! Some kool stones and ledge, deer tracks everywhere and lots and lots of firewood scraps. They have been in here logging for over a year. We will be back with the gear next week or the one after.
P1010670.JPG

Reactions: ASNOBODY and Mike G

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
We finally got the air ride removed and installed the preloaded coilovers from Ford, didn't lose and height and definitely looks better, ICON install coming just need the parts. Also have factory skids under everything but rear diff so have to get one for there, she will mount a 35x12.50R20 wheel but I am thinking about going to a 17-18 in Ford Raptor wheel set. Plan on adding tablet/laptop mount for GPS maps and have purchased a state map for off the grid route locating.

IMG_20170320_002022.jpg

Experience is gained through hardships and the motivations to succeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: nparker72

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Rode around three counties trying to get mobile contacts in the Virginia QSO Party contest yesterday evening in the last few hours. Next time I'm going to try this earlier in the contest and hopefully have better luck. It was fun though!

20170319_153733.jpg

Reactions: KD7WCD and TMP

TMP

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Powers
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ONM
Extended the rear dif breather. Standard mod for 3rd gens. The old one still seemed to be working!

Here is a video of Timmy The Toolman showing the whole process. If you have a 3rd gen 4Runner you've got to subscribe to his channel for lots of in depth videos for mods and maintenance.

We are the Millers

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Murrieta, CA
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VXV
Drove 150 miles through the deserts of the southwest. Started south of Joshua National Park and ended in Johnson Valley. And because she is so good to me when we got back I installed my new JW Speakers in her.

2 weeks back I installed Metalcloak 3.5inch lift, new wheels and tires.

Installed Synergy ball joints yesterday and then realized I ripped my front driveshaft boot off-roading in Johnson Valley on Saturday... so this next weekend I will install an Adams front driveshaft..

Greg
JEEP... Just Empty Every Pocket [emoji23]

Reactions: Glenn