Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Finished wiring the Rigid Duallys behind the grill.

Wilco Hitchgate Max install completion tomorrow, with dual 4 gallon Rotopax fuel packs added.

Reactions: ElDusto

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

Today I had my metal fabricator add two steel pipes just over the lids of my two jerry can tire swing setup to keep someone from lifting the cans out or even opening the lids to siphon the gas out. He also added two more bolts to the tire mount to keep that 33" Dick Cepek fun country secure while on the trail and highway.

Last edited:

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Finished Rigid Dually switch install with the Rigid Pendant Extended Switch. Jeep WKs lack dash options for drilling/installing the regular switches.

Reactions: awolfnspirit

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Looks great! Nice that you can still open the back glass.

How solid and sturdy is it? Any wobble?
Very solid. Zero rattles. I added a an additional low cost hitch stiffener, because it's just what I do. It's probably not even necessary.

The LOCK-DOWN Hitch Tightener Heavy Duty No-Wobble Hitch Stabilizer for 1.25" and 2" Receivers- Made in USA, Rust Proof, Quick Install, Stops Trailer Hitch Rattling!
Amazon

Chromedragon

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stockton, CA
Member #

Well after having a bad truck day on MLK day, my truck was vandalized where I park it while I take the train to work. I decided while ordering parts to update my headlights both the lenses and the bulbs. As a result of this adventure I have a passenger rear door that does not open any more. I have new headlights that look much better and I have a new ignition lock cylinder and dents on the driver side of my truck ad passenger side of my commute car....it was a long day....

thankful all the cars run fine and the damage is just cosmetic....and ill get the final version of the bulbs done soon I orders the auxbeam f-16 lights but needed canbus adapters that just came in.

will post a pic when I get it.

cash9300

Rank I

Contributor III

Ok guys probably not the right place to ask but a friend is looking at a 2003 disco with 161706 miles and she's wondering what the potential problems could be with it and what things to check out before she buys it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zargon

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ok guys probably not the right place to ask but a friend is looking at a 2003 disco with 161706 miles and she's wondering what the potential problems could be with it and what things to check out before she buys it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2003 discos are usually pretty good, they got a new engine and they got the CDL put back into the truck. The main points to check are basically like and truck, but to see specifics go ahead and check out this forum. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/5016/

If you have any questions feel free to p
M. Me

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app

cash9300

Rank I

Contributor III

Rattlesnake44

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hawthorne, CA
Member #

Finally got off my butt and built in a rear storage/sleeping deck for the 4Runner. If you get a 2014+ without 3rd row seats or the pull out cargo tray there is a dip between the folded down rear seats and the cargo area. it's about 2" and makes sleeping back there pretty uncomfortable. The carpet and hard foam under it are only really secured by two 10mm bolts where the tie downs are and some clips. Easily pulled out.IMG_0190.JPGNext I boxed in the outsideIMG_0193.JPGAdded a lid with a split to make it a little more accessible if I have gear in the cargo areaIMG_0195.JPG To be continued...

Rattlesnake44

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hawthorne, CA
Member #

Continuing on... Time for paint. A couple cans of spray paint did the trick.

Next I added some sound deadening material to cut down on road noise, a little more paint to the inside of the lid [emoji6] and a rubber pad on top to keep the dog and gear from sliding around.

Added in some gear I keep in the truck all the time anyway, but at least now it will be out of sight.

And it was time to give it a shake down run. A buddy and I hit the San Berdoo road into Joshua Tree NP and camped in the park. Sleeping in the back now is awesome, add in my REI camp bed pad and it's as good as home. Up early for coffee and sunrise. The pup seemed a little chilly and not ready to get out of bed yet.

Overall spent about $60 at Home Depot and a day of effort. Big improvement to the truck and my comfort, so I consider it a pretty good mod for the time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk