What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Went exploring the local area here around the house today. I woke up in a foul mod and needed away from everything for a bit. Found some neat places not far from home! I'm going to have to make a note to go back sometime and do the foot trails around the mountain.

Roaring Run Furnace

Cocoa smiling at getting to ride in the front:

Ran into some closed roads but wound my way over the mountains till I found myself close to Roanoke, so we headed into town to price a few things at Sportsman's Warehouse and get a hot dog from Cook Out. We got back home around 4pm and I've just been messing with my new computer, watching Ghostbusters, and listening to the local repeater.
going to check into this place. I love the Roanoke area.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Played around with mounting options for a Tab 7.0 that I got just for the truck. Will be running torque and Gaia, used some misc go pro parts to get a windshield mount up and running.IMG_2376.jpg IMG_2378.jpg

Reactions: 9Mike2 and NV.Recon

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
going to check into this place. I love the Roanoke area.
I don't know if you've spent much time up in this area or not, but there's quite a few forest service roads very near Roaring Run and a couple campsites as well. This is also inline with the Mountain State Overland route from New Castle to Wytheville, I would imagine this is along the route they took from Daleville to New Castle.

Mvan49

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

Installed a Bully dog GT, a go pro mount on the dash and pair on LED lights in the canopy. Not to exciting but still always enjoyable to work on the rig.

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Played around with mounting options for a Tab 7.0 that I got just for the truck. Will be running torque and Gaia, used some misc go pro parts to get a windshield mount up and running.View attachment 15277 View attachment 15278
Careful with that corner dash location. I've heard of the suction cups letting go and tuners/phones/tablets going right out the window. Keep it tight up in the forward corner.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Careful with that corner dash location. I've heard of the suction cups letting go and tuners/phones/tablets going right out the window. Keep it tight up in the forward corner.
Ha! yes I do need to test it out since it is just made for a GoPro. My wife put her glasses on the dash in front of her once and I made a fast left and they went out the window.

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Swapped out my headlights and fog lights with the Sylvania Silver star ZXE 4300k halogens. I also did the rest of the turn signals, reverse and break lights in LED. Already swapped the internals to LED a few months ago. Gives the 03 a little modern look.

Reactions: 9Mike2