What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

I got my truck back from the body shop today! (Silly people in parking lots :cry:)

Then I added this awesome sticker that says "Gasoline Only" in 6 different languages onto the gas cap. It's more of a novelty than anything, but I like it.
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 8.35.41 PM.png

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Knowing very little about CB radios I never felt like mine was working well. I struggled trying to get my antenna setup to resolve the performance issue but never seemed to figure it out. Finally decided to speak out some professional help and a friend recommended a local guy who sets up near a local truck stop. He immediately identified the antenna mount as the source of the problem, installed a new one and sent me on my way with a lot of new knowledge and a much better performing CB for only $20. As The Who would say, I call that a bargain...

IMG_0942.JPG

wgmclain96

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, AR/Richmond, TX
Member #

Knowing very little about CB radios I never felt like mine was working well. I struggled trying to get my antenna setup to resolve the performance issue but never seemed to figure it out. Finally decided to speak out some professional help and a friend recommended a local guy who sets up near a local truck stop. He immediately identified the antenna mount as the source of the problem, installed a new one and sent me on my way with a lot of new knowledge and a much better performing CB for only $20. As The Who would say, I call that a bargain...

View attachment 14988
I need to do that. Mine just doesn't work very well, I have like maybe half a mile of range and even then it's terrible

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Installed a trunk lip mount on the rear gate of my Xterra for a dual band 2m/440 antenna. I've been running a mag mount but wanted something more permanent for the long run. I had to pull down the head liner along the driver's side to get the coax run up to the console, even using a fiberglass "fish-stick" to worm it through. I've still got to install some good grounding straps between the gate and body in the future. If this works ok, I'm going to put one on the opposite side to run a CB/HF antenna on, possibly down the body side a ways though. Also started trying to talk the wife into getting a Raingler attic net for it as well for our June trip. Guess we'll see!

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I changed my license plate out to support our provincial parks. Revenue from the plates and the annual renewal fee gets pumped back into our park system, which I'm happy to support. Plus, the plate looks better than our boring white with blue lettering plates here in BC.

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

I changed my license plate out to support our provincial parks. Revenue from the plates and the annual renewal fee gets pumped back into our park system, which I'm happy to support. Plus, the plate looks better than our boring white with blue lettering plates here in BC.

Good looking plates.

Waiting for my WA Parks personalized plates to arrive, for our Jeep and truck. Support those Parks!!

Reactions: boehml

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Went exploring the local area here around the house today. I woke up in a foul mod and needed away from everything for a bit. Found some neat places not far from home! I'm going to have to make a note to go back sometime and do the foot trails around the mountain.

Roaring Run Furnace

Cocoa smiling at getting to ride in the front:

Ran into some closed roads but wound my way over the mountains till I found myself close to Roanoke, so we headed into town to price a few things at Sportsman's Warehouse and get a hot dog from Cook Out. We got back home around 4pm and I've just been messing with my new computer, watching Ghostbusters, and listening to the local repeater.