• HTML tutorial

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Sold it.. Just moved and needed to condense the fleet, therefore I needed a truck that would handle the boat and kayaks as well as camp duties. Picked up a 2013 f150 which is not the most trail rated vehicle in stock trim but for the Midwest it should do just fine. Not allot of trail here anyway, gravel roads and fields at best. It does have 4x4 and electric rear locker, more for towing application but might come in handy someday. Will get some pics up soon.
Cheers

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Replaced the rear brake pads, changed the oil and replaced front wiper blades on Brutus today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sonarman

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Replaced the rear brake pads, changed the oil and replaced front wiper blades on Brutus today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you find you have enough thickness in the rotors if you just change pads or how often do you change those? On my LR4 it seems like you go through rotor material pretty fast, so I change them out at the same time. Same with the pad sensor, it gets so brittle that it just needs replaced.

Reactions: Brutus

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Do you find you have enough thickness in the rotors if you just change pads or how often do you change those? On my LR4 it seems like you go through rotor material pretty fast, so I change them out at the same time. Same with the pad sensor, it gets so brittle that it just needs replaced.
Sometimes the rotors are thick enough but you run the risk of brake noise. I am willing to take that chance this time. The rotors were thick enough on this round. I usually recommend rotor replacement though. They can definitely not be resurfaced.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

Loaded up the family and drove up a forest road to gain some elevation and fins some snow to play in. Nothing beats a snowball fit with a toddler! Parenting is a blast! My Jeep is great too! Moving the spare from the roof to my new swing gate lowered my center of gravity and improved the handling immensely, my body roll is significantly less and takes less time to recover from. Really happy about it!

mrgeep

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Winston Salem, NC
Member #

Picked up the new cage, definitely an upgrade. Rear mount is near identical but the front went from a 3 bolt system to 5 bolt. Definitely feels more secure and I like how the front bracket looks as well. Now I just have to put everything back on.

Last night I wired in the lower switch panel and overhead rack LEDs and the DIY sPOD that were all includes with the sale of the cage. Got everything wired in only to realize the lower switch panel is from a 2012+ and has different clip locations then my 2008. I ordered the right panel and I'll swap everything when it comes it. Kinda sucks that the version for the 1st gen JK (2007-11) can only use 4 switches, but the 2nd gen (2012+) can house 5. I'll post some pics of the cage once it's daylight and the rest once the install is finished.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Went to the Badlands Offroad park in Attica, IN. on Sunday. Took my 3yr old for the first time, he loved it! Kept saying "Daddy, lets drive through the water again!"

20151122_110708.jpg

Reactions: MidwestOverlanders

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Alignment (new lift was installed in September). Also ordered LED's for the front and rear turn signals and amber front side markers (to replace the 6000k's that I recently installed), and 5000k HID conversion kits for the headlights (bi-xenon) and fog lights.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I broke one of my antennas. I think I'm going to move all the VHF and UHF antennas to the roof as a result.
I'll be using STI-Co Flexi-Whips which should be impossible to break.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV

Went out to Los Padres NF / La Panza. Went up Powerline trail to go after a geocache. With the new front Lokka ADL, I engaged the rear locker a whole once on this trail to get through a torn up wet section of sand wash.

After that we went south through the Las Chiches bypass. With lockers forward and aft, with the new BFG AT KO2's we didn't spin a tire once. I was very surprised at how well the rig performed. Terrain was post rain (last night), bare rock, shale, or soil and steep. Lo range and easy on the power.

[Spring at Queen Bee Camp]

After that we went up to Pine Mountain to look down into the Machesna Wilderness and see Castle Crags, via the east route in order to avoid going up the stair steps. Pine Mountain Road was rutted and technical, a good drive for practicing wheel placement and power management.

We did not end up getting all the way up to the viewing spot. The road got bad enough that we weren't comfortable going further without at least another capable rig.

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

It drove me to the airport for a different adventure.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk